Quick question

Packmule

Guess I was "observed" on route today. Passed so not real concerned, but manager had our hourly safety committee guy with him. Isn't that a violation of the contract? Maybe it's the new contract.

UPSGUY72

Guess I was "observed" on route today. Passed so not real concerned, but manager had our hourly safety committee guy with him. Isn't that a violation of the contract? Maybe it's the new contract.

Call you BA and let them know what is going on. Was the hourly on the clock ???? The old and or new contract doesn't give a hourly the right to manage and or monitor other hourly.

upschuck

Our safety committee goes out with center manager or sup once a month in hope of finding drivers using the methods, and gives the shirts, hats, or something for doing things right. As far as I know, nothing negative is happening.

Yes, he's on the clock. I'd like to give him a friendly warning he is in violation. Basically a pretty nice guy.
We call those guys...Rats, snakes or suckasses!..Take your pick!....Thats a pile of crap! They should be thrown out of the union. These mo fo abuse us, every chance they get. Now they use, our so called " union brothers" against us! Screw them. and the scab, with the union card!.....You just dont do that!!!

Packmule

They actually gave a guy high praise this morning along with a cup. Like I said, I try to do thing right so not a big deal to me, but someone else might hang him out to dry.

barnyard

KTM rider
If there was an hourly with the supe, there cannot be any discipline as the result of anything observed. Supe might say something to correct something egregious, but cannot hand out a warning letter or verbal warning.

I look at those as freebies.

UPSGUY72

They actually gave a guy high praise this morning along with a cup. Like I said, I try to do thing right so not a big deal to me, but someone else might hang him out to dry.

A couple of years ago are safety committee was disbanded for a good year because hourly safety committee members were observing drivers and reporting back to management....

Packmule

A few years back, everyone, including me, quit the committee because of what it was being turned into. This guy is fairly new, thinks he can accomplish something that equates to actual safety on that committee. I know better.
Get the chance I'll mention this to him. After that it's his rear not mine.

Anonymous 12

Non active member
In our local our ba stoped that in such a flash that it's funny. The local appoints people to the safety committee and takes them off.

10 point

A few years back, everyone, including me, quit the committee because of what it was being turned into. This guy is fairly new, thinks he can accomplish something that equates to actual safety on that committee. I know better.
Get the chance I'll mention this to him. After that it's his rear not mine.
The union has the right to man the safety committee not the company.
That hourly may be the safety co-chair and they must never be a witness to "on areas". That situation creates alot of resentment among hourlies.

Call your BA (and steward) and tell them to make that stop. It can really generate animosity towards the "witness" and create a hostile work environment.

That language is even stronger in the new TA. Often, the "witness" is the company snitch and breaks more rules than the rest.

10 point

Funny, the center manager always sent out diad messages to select people to attend the safety meeting scheduled for the next day.

He never messaged the steward even tho he was on the committee. Hmmm

Anonymous 12

Non active member
The union has the right to man the safety committee not the company.
That hourly may be the safety co-chair and they must never be a witness to "on areas". That situation creates alot of resentment among hourlies.

Call your BA (and steward) and tell them to make that stop. It can really generate animosity towards the "witness" and create a hostile work environment.

That language is even stronger in the new TA. Often, the "witness" is the company snitch and breaks more rules than the rest.
It's in that crappy ta you don't like? What do you think about that better language?

10 point

It's in that crappy ta you don't like? What do you think about that better language?
No. There's a few good things in the TA. I said that yesterday if you reread it.
But, there's too much that was wrong in the first go around and its like open negotiations.... you take all the yardage you can get because one day you're going to run out of downs and you aren't getting them back.

FYI: I talked with an ABF driver today and he asked questions about my existing healthcare plan. He couldn't believe how much better my plan was compared to his TeamCare.

You can only fight for things while the door is open. The door's closed on that issue so we man up and do the best with the hand we were dealt. We can't change yesterday.

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
Hell our safety committee members usually spend their 8 hour requests observing other drivers. One was even a steward.

10 point

Hell our safety committee members usually spend their 8 hour requests observing other drivers. One was even a steward.
That's wrong. Those observation documents don't (better not) have anyone's name on it but the "observer" has to ask the OMS to look on the computer and find out where "John Doe" the driver is and when the sheets are turned in (and they are given to mgmnt to be documented they did so many per week) they know who did what.
We cut routes because staffing is "tight" but they can take a pet driver and work him on "safety" garbage and leave drivers out until 8-9pm? Is that safe? That's :bsbullf:.

BakerMayfield2018

Fight the power.
That's wrong. Those observation documents don't (better not) have anyone's name on it but the "observer" has to ask the OMS to look on the computer and find out where "John Doe" the driver is and when the sheets are turned in (and they are given to mgmnt to be documented they did so many per week) they know who did what.
We cut routes because staffing is "tight" but they can take a pet driver and work him on "safety" garbage and leave drivers out until 8-9pm? Is that safe? That's :bsbullf:.
A driver In my center turned in a vacation day request was denied the day due to staffing. Then on said day requested a safety sucka$& that knew same route was in building doing "safety" hours. :bsbullf:Is right.