quick question

newgirl

How long as this person been a manager? You should have told him you were out drinking last night and the time hadn't past yet for when you could go on the road.

Start documenting what he does to you asap. If he approaches you to speak to you get someone as a witness before he says a thing.

I am not aware of any contracts per se, but if your offer letter said 18 months you can put in for positions that have a waiver/time in job.

Go to HR, ask them to show you the swing driver policy. I am not one but I recall reading recently that swings don't go on the forced OT list-or you can read it yourself if you have access to the intranet in the station.

FedexCares

How long as this person been a manager? You should have told him you were out drinking last night and the time hadn't past yet for when you could go on the road.

Start documenting what he does to you asap. If he approaches you to speak to you get someone as a witness before he says a thing.

I am not aware of any contracts per se, but if your offer letter said 18 months you can put in for positions that have a waiver/time in job.

Go to HR, ask them to show you the swing driver policy. I am not one but I recall reading recently that swings don't go on the forced OT list-or you can read it yourself if you have access to the intranet in the station.
Yeah, I know for a fact swings can't be forced to come in on their off day, and are exempt from any normal draft list in which people are forced to come in on their off days. That is company policy with regards to swing drivers. Whether that covers OT during the week as well I'm not 100% sure.

adhawk

I already have been documenting everything I get put on the offload for routes that don't do offload I've been cursed at multiple times they once asked me to come in on my day off and had the nerve to call me 15 minutes before punch and tell me I wasn't needed I still showed up and worked but just the fact they tried that on me I was also told by another manager I got a bz but never got it they once made me do a night route last minute and I said to them you can't change my schedule for last minute needs told me to show him and when I showed him he brushed it off and walked away if I wasn't as good of a courier as I am I would have been fired a long time ago I just want out of my station it is a complete :censored2: show but I feel hr is not on my side and any action I take will just back fire on me not to mention my hr rep is a maroon and is good friends with the sm

newgirl

I already have been documenting everything I get put on the offload for routes that don't do offload I've been cursed at multiple times they once asked me to come in on my day off and had the nerve to call me 15 minutes before punch and tell me I wasn't needed I still showed up and worked but just the fact they tried that on me I was also told by another manager I got a bz but never got it they once made me do a night route last minute and I said to them you can't change my schedule for last minute needs told me to show him and when I showed him he brushed it off and walked away if I wasn't as good of a courier as I am I would have been fired a long time ago I just want out of my station it is a complete :censored2: show but I feel hr is not on my side and any action I take will just back fire on me not to mention my hr rep is a maroon and is good friends with the sm

ok. good on the documenting.

I don't know about your station but cursing at mine is a hot button issue. We just signed off on something that can get us terminated for cursing. I think someone already mentioned hostile work environment.

last minute route? Did you do the route? If someone was a no-call no-show and dispatch didn't notice til 5 minutes til 5 with 10 stops closing then if you have a truck and powerpad and no one else is around, maybe. But sick calls not covered by volunteers goes to the rotating force list that swing drivers are not on.

HR? wait til they are on vacation and get the person that fills in for them. I learned that from someone I used to work with.

Your station sounds pretty lousy. If it is stressing you out, call people help- which is now called something else (help here?)- Or, call the alert line. The number is posted in the breakroom. It may be 1 866 go fedex or something.

Artee

I never schedule personals. If I need one I just call in and tell them I have to use an emergency personal. Nothing they can do. Just like sick calls. Call in and say "I am not going to make in today. Put me down for a sick day. Thank you" and then hang up. Don't try and pretend you are sick by coughing or sniffling when talking you your manager. They don't have any idea you are ill or taking a mental health day. Never tip your hand that you want a day off if the schedule is full. Watch the schedule and hope someone cancels. If it doesn't happen that's what sicks and personals are for.

Cactus

Just telling it like it is
I don't know about your station but cursing at mine is a hot button issue. We just signed off on something that can get us terminated for cursing. I think someone already mentioned hostile work environment.
Simple cursing and a hostile work environment don't always go hand in hand. It opens up a huge gray area.

As far as terminated for cursing goes, that's a joke. You really think they'll try that at a station that is already 50 couriers short or or a station that's competing with the oil fields for their workforce? I mean it goes on at any workplace but it's just another way that Memphis wants to control people.

newgirl

Simple cursing and a hostile work environment don't always go hand in hand. It opens up a huge gray area.

As far as terminated for cursing goes, that's a joke. You really think they'll try that at a station that is already 50 couriers short or or a station that's competing with the oil fields for their workforce? I mean it goes on at any workplace but it's just another way that Memphis wants to control people.

Simple cursing no, but OP says he has been cursed out and called names. That's different. If I say the "friend" word when I hit my shin on a cart for the hundredth time they are not going to fire me, but if I use it to some one then it's a problem.

This is the 50 short station?

adhawk, google Fedex code of business conduct and ethics

Cactus

Just telling it like it is
Simple cursing no, but OP says he has been cursed out and called names. That's different. If I say the "friend" word when I hit my shin on a cart for the hundredth time they are not going to fire me, but if I use it to some one then it's a problem.
Well I understand that. Some managers will no doubt take this no cursing rule too far and try to make a mountain out of a mole hill.

CJinx

Profanity is somewhat tolerated if not expected out on the dock. Do, however, watch your language around a live phone. :angel2:

Maui

This is horrible advice. It starts the road of reasonable suspicion and could get you fired. Do NOT say you have been drinking and need 45 more minutes before you can drive.

You CAN however use this when you are comfortably at home on a scheduled day off.

MrFedEx

Engorged Member

Find another company bro'. Wherever you go in this one, it's pretty much the same effed-up deal.