Quick route bid question.

New Englander

Last time I checked, you and your fellow employees get paid by the hour.

We do. That doesn't detract from the stress of running a route blind. It's easy to sit here and type away. It's completely another to be out there doing it. Regardless of who's fault it is (management not training) if you take pride in your job. Failure is stressful.

That being said...I don't care. I've done my share it's time for others to.

UnconTROLLed

perfection
This is funny.

I am in New England, an article 22.3 employee.

Have been working outside of my bid job since mid-October along with several others, and the union will do nothing about it. We have already filed, already gone through hell and high water, a known issue - and nothing will be done about it and that's how it is.

It's funny, I say, because different rules apply to different people.

McLeod

I have called my BA a few times always helpful and the situation has been fixed. So don't be afraid to call them. The reason for calling the BA is our new steward is very green.

mattwtrs

Retired Senior Member
I have called my BA a few times always helpful and the situation has been fixed. So don't be afraid to call them. The reason for calling the BA is our new steward is very green.

Is the steward calling the BA? If not he should be so he learns to keep the lines of communication open. That way he'll know what to do next time..

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

While it is most certainly your right to call the BA directly, doing so does little to "de-green" your steward. Try to keep your steward in the loop and hopefully he will soon be up to speed and making those phone calls on his own.

stevetheupsguy

sʇǝʌǝʇɥǝndsƃnʎ
This is funny.

I am in New England, an article 22.3 employee.

Have been working outside of my bid job since mid-October along with several others, and the union will do nothing about it. We have already filed, already gone through hell and high water, a known issue - and nothing will be done about it and that's how it is.

It's funny, I say, because different rules apply to different people.

I thought that MGMT was able to do what they please from Oct-Dec.

S

speeddemon

I don't know which is more confusing,our contracts with UPS, or the US Tax code!

UnconTROLLed

perfection
and you let them get away with it?

Did I already not mention that this has gone on in 2 buildings, the grievances have been filed, the wheels were in motion and those grievances were laughed at and torn up? ( was actually laughed at by one steward for suggesting working someone elses bid job was unacceptable - all the while my own bid was being done by a management favorite)

Thanks for your helpful insight, though. :sick:

New Englander

Did I already not mention that this has gone on in 2 buildings, the grievances have been filed, the wheels were in motion and those grievances were laughed at and torn up? ( was actually laughed at by one steward for suggesting working someone elses bid job was unacceptable - all the while my own bid was being done by a management favorite)

Have you gone to the national level?

dilligaf

IN VINO VERITAS

If you did, I missed it. I will go back and reread. In the meantime, this is a failure of the union to represent and I personally might suggest reading the NLRB laws to my steward and BA. Tearing up a grievance and laughing about it by the steward is extremely stupid on the stewards part. The Teamsters, including stewards, can be held accountable under NLRB.

Grievances are property of the Teamsters and are not to be destroyed under any circumstances. The BA has the right to sign off as 'lacking merit' but the steward does not have the right to destroy them.