Quick, simple trick

satellitedriver

My P5 pkg car is notorious for the windows to fog over when ever it rains or sudden drops in temps.
A simple way to keep the windows from fogging over is to clean the inside of the window with shaving cream.
I cleaned my windows, with this technique ,this morning and drove through rain, sleet and snow-( and yes, even the dark of night)- and I never had to wipe the inside of my windows to see.
This trick also works to keep the bathroom mirror from fogging over.
Try it out for yourselves.
Simple, effective and cheap.

dilligaf

IN VINO VERITAS
Great idea, Sat. It seems there are many trucks that have this problem. I would like to know about the smearing as well.

satellitedriver

So you spray the shaving cream on the windshield and wipe it off with what? No smears or smudges?
A little blob on a paper towel.
Cover the entire glass surface like you were cleaning it with any glass cleaner.
Remember Glass Wax?
It looks that messy at first, but no need to let it dry.
Wipe off with clean paper towels.
No smears, no smudges and ,most importantly ,no fog.
It is a great window cleaner.

p228

Johnson and Johnson baby shampoo is also a good defogger. When I go diving we fill a bucket with water and shampoo then toss our masks in. Instant defogger, no need to wipe it off.

P

pickup

My P5 pkg car is notorious for the windows to fog over when ever it rains or sudden drops in temps.
A simple way to keep the windows from fogging over is to clean the inside of the window with shaving cream.
I cleaned my windows, with this technique ,this morning and drove through rain, sleet and snow-( and yes, even the dark of night)- and I never had to wipe the inside of my windows to see.

I haven't seen this product in years, but it was (is) called clear glass. They sold two different varieties. One variety gave you a pretty clear windshield as it caused the rain drops to bead and it was applied on the outside. The other variety prevented fogging up and it was applied on the inside. I believed the defogging variety contained isopropyl alcohol and it was probably the active ingredient. I believe isopropyl alcohol is used in a slew of products and I wouldn't be surprised if that was the ingredient in the shaving cream that is doing the magic here.

BURMDPsupe

I use the Invisible Glass by Stoner. It works very well for the interior glass and you can pick it at Target, car parts stores, Wal-Mart.

M-

satellitedriver

Johnson and Johnson baby shampoo is also a good defogger. When I go diving we fill a bucket with water and shampoo then toss our masks in. Instant defogger, no need to wipe it off.

You just jogged my memory.
I did my first dive at the age of 7 in 1960 and I was taught to spit into the mask and rinse it out, and it works.
If you look at my profile page, that wolfman looking creep is me after doing a solo 120ft dive in 1973.
No wet suit, just cut off jeans.
Tank, mask, fins and wearing the same 1950's wrist band depth gauge that I wore on my first dive.
Weird how things work.-(in my life)-
I dove from 1960 to 1976 without certification.
In 1977, I obtained my open water license and have never dove since.
My life changed in 1978, but I still have my original single stage regulator and depth gauge.

rod

Retired 22 years
You just jogged my memory.
I did my first dive at the age of 7 in 1960 and I was taught to spit into the mask and rinse it out, and it works.
If you look at my profile page, that wolfman looking creep is me after doing a solo 120ft dive in 1973.
No wet suit, just cut off jeans.
Tank, mask, fins and wearing the same 1950's wrist band depth gauge that I wore on my first dive.
Weird how things work.-(in my life)-
I dove from 1960 to 1976 without certification.
In 1977, I obtained my open water license and have never dove since.
My life changed in 1978, but I still have my original single stage regulator and depth gauge.

Dang--- I just looked at your profile page------the first thing that came to my mind was "so easy a caveman could do it":happy2:--I have a hard time remembering the 70's

NHDRVR

I have never tried it but I hear that Rain-X does the same thing...

SmithBarney

I usually just run the A/C or defrost... keeps the humidity down in the vehicle.. ;)
but when I was in a PC I would use invisible glass, keep a vent cracked in the reverse position(opening to the rear) it'll suck out
some moisture as well.

satellitedriver

I usually just run the A/C or defrost... keeps the humidity down in the vehicle.. ;)
but when I was in a PC I would use invisible glass, keep a vent cracked in the reverse position(opening to the rear) it'll suck out
some moisture as well.
Cool, if your defrost vents work. My POS-(piece of scrap)-P5 will only defrost the areas that the windshield wipers do not cover and my mirrors can not be seen.
When it is 95 degrees with high humidity and a thunder storm comes along, the last thing I want to do is turn the heater/defroster on to be able to see.
Fred, I have never seen a pkg car with A/C.

Big Babooba

Cool, if your defrost vents work. My POS-(piece of scrap)-P5 will only defrost the areas that the windshield wipers do not cover and my mirrors can not be seen.
When it is 95 degrees with high humidity and a thunder storm comes along, the last thing I want to do is turn the heater/defroster on to be able to see.
Fred, I have never seen a pkg car with A/C
Come up north in the winter, they all have A/C. Some of them even have heat!