Quickest way to make money at ups?

Discussion in 'UPS Discussions' started by Venum, May 13, 2016.

1. Venum

Venum New Member

Im in my late 20's. I have my CDL-A, I loaded the feeders, then loaded and unloaded at the airport, also loaded the package trucks for a bit. After I got my CDL, I was a driver helper for one season. Right now I'm working at a mom and pop company delivery food products. Now, I want to be a feeder driver at ups, but it sucks that new drivers have to wait 4 years now to make top pay. Is there a faster way to make money at ups without having to wait 4 years? Will going straight to be an air package driver a better way?

What do you guys think about Sysco drivers, U.S Food, and Reinhart? I talked to a couple U.S Food drivers, they're making around 70k, they are Union. I talked to one Reinhart driver, and he's making close to 100k, he's non-Union.

The goal here is to make money the fastest way possible. I worked in the oil field and would've cleared 100k if I stayed for a full year. I do not think I have 4 years to wait for UPS's top pay rate. What do you guys think? Any advice/tips?

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • List
  2. Really ?

• Like x 3
    • Agree x 1
    • Winner x 1
    • Creative x 1
    • Beer x 1
    • List
  3. Operational needs

Operational needs Well-Known Member

image.jpg

• Winner Winner x 7
    • Funny Funny x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
    • List
  4. silenze

silenze Lunch is the best part of the day

Sling weed on the side.

In my local we get market rate during the seasonal periods. So you are making 29$ an hour.
    it depends on your location and demand for drivers for hours you can work outside the seasonal periods.
    I made 65k first year. 71k last year. So if you are working you can make just as much as those other crap food delivery companies
    They pay by the stop not by the hour. So you have to be Johnny rocket to make a decent wage

5. Indecisi0n

Indecisi0n Well-Known Member

Rob drivers as they walk out the building at night.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • Optimistic Optimistic x 1
    • List
  6. cosmo1

cosmo1 Just another internet hooligan.

Learn the good stuff to steal, and don't get caught.

• Funny Funny x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • List
  7. MyTripisCut

MyTripisCut Well-Known Member

Do those other companies have the medical, pension, and stability we have? If they do, then go there, if not maybe waiting 4 yrs won't be so bad?

8. Venum

Venum New Member

That's interesting, I did not know feeder drivers' hourly rate goes up during seasonal periods. Sysco pays hourly plus packages, Reinhart is by package, and u.s foods is all hourly. I'm still young and able, so maybe sacrificing my body for a few years to try and make 100k might not be such a bad idea? It's no different than what I'm doing right now, just that my company is a local small company, so the pay is not there. Thanks for your input.

I'm single with no kids, so I really have no need for all that because I'm only planing to do this for a few years to make money, then go somewhere else.

• List
  9. 20+ years...you for a shot....maybe???

10. Peppermint Patty

Peppermint Patty Cardboard Pusher

Pay your dues, geez this generation is all about wanting it yesterday. It's called hard work and working your way up. Come to work head down and work hard, it pays off but not overnight!

• Winner Winner x 3
    • Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • List
  11. Indecisi0n

Indecisi0n Well-Known Member

What are your stats ?

12. Monica??
    Lmao....

Sorry

13. Peppermint Patty