Quincy Part time super

QcyBrown1

So far so good and yes my previous driver helper job will help me make sure things are done right for drivers. I would like to be a driver some time but I am 42 so who knows if my luck will be good . But hours are great for me and my family since my wife is a teacher and off all summer and we love to boat!! And my center manager is cool !!

washington57

So far so good and yes my previous driver helper job will help me make sure things are done right for drivers. I would like to be a driver some time but I am 42 so who knows if my luck will be good . But hours are great for me and my family since my wife is a teacher and off all summer and we love to boat!! And my center manager is cool !!

is this a troll?

Re-Raise

Being new to the pre load and work inside the center I am sure you will have a lot to learn. Your positive attitude will go along way.

The supervisors I have respected the most have always made me feel like we were working together for the same goals.

As far as your center manager being cool.. have you met him yet?:happy2:

Good luck.

Returntosender

Center Manager will be cool up to 30 days. After 30 days the bait and swtich happens. If your asking yourself why 30 days a new parttime sup has up to 30 days to give up the position. Thats how it works in my district don't know about yours?

GayOfThrones

Congratulations on your promotion Quincy.

Don't let the negative comments fool ya. Part-time management is not for everyone, but I've got 5 years in and I couldn't be happier. I work less than 6 hours a day, I've recieved substantial pay increases each year (We aren't capped by a "contract") and 90% of my tuition costs have been covered by UPS. I'm thankfull to have the job I do and while it's not "easy", it's not the "hell" alot of the these union suckers make it out to be.

Catatonic

Nine Lives
Center Manager will be cool up to 30 days. After 30 days the bait and swtich happens. If your asking yourself why 30 days a new parttime sup has up to 30 days to give up the position. Thats how it works in my district don't know about yours?

After 30 days, you have to throw away your crutches and walk like a man! :funny:

Returntosender

After 30 days, you have to throw away your crutches and walk like a man! :funny:

Well said. However in my experiences I have seen numerous part time sups get axed for trivial mistakes. I seen sups of a certain ethnicty make the same mistakes but don't get axed. The crutches remain on for years for certain ethnic sups. :peaceful:

I hope you have been documenting this. For you may never know! Also Quincy as a part time sup it is what you make it out to be. Some of the posting are dead on. However, other require you to run for the hills. STOP! :proud: Yes it is a great deal of learning, you will always have lots of paper work to do. Make good contacts with PE, meet and know your center manager, DM for they may and can be a help to you. (Please do not be a BUTT kisser...just do the job at hand and include some of the other of the staff in which you will be working with to help you.

Re-Raise

I have been friends with his new Center Manager for over 20 years . If he does his job he will be fine.

Quincybrown when you get a chance tell him someone on Browncafe told you to call him Foldilocks.

mindless

my advice would be to start planning your future outside of the company. use the tuition reimbursement to find a career and move on. dont make plans to stay with the company any longer than you need to. all employees are treated as numbers, regardless of their position.