Quirk with EDD/DIAD

scoutlover

And I said off and on for that length of time. It's only been my bid route for a year. I was coverage on it the rest of the time.

Sent using BrownCafe App

Coca Cola Delivery Man87

What is EDD/DIAD?
What are the hours for a typical UPS Driver?
Stop and Package count?

I ask because I see some UPS drivers out and delivering packages as late as 21:00hrs sometimes.

browniehound

I know exactly what you are talking about and I haven't figured out any rhyme or reason why it does this. I've been trying to figure it out for some time now.
I also and don't know for the life of me why? Maybe if you have OCA's in your EDD it does this and if you don't it doesn't? Don't know but I am dying to learn why the diad does this.

brownmonster

Man of Great Wisdom
A very, very sucky one!! It averages around 350 pieces but spikes up into the fours pretty often. It also goes out with 180-225 stops. Usually I've only got about 50 off by 3pm due to the nature of the route, and throughout the rest of my route there are a handful of businesses I have to break and get.

Sent using BrownCafe App
You only have 50 stops off by 3 in the afternoon? That's fine on a 200 mile route. Now you have 130 to 175 stops left at 3? I call BS.

scoutlover

You only have 50 stops off by 3 in the afternoon? That's fine on a 200 mile route. Now you have 130 to 175 stops left at 3? I call BS.
Again, that's based on average, and that includes my hour and 10 minute break. I call BS too and that's why I'm filing 9.5's. The business portion of the route is all multiple handtruck loads into large buildings with no dock stops and having to park a decent ways from the buildings. I've had ride after ride because the route doesn't plan, but that all gets thrown out because my dispatch varies so much. The route varies from 55 to 80 miles. Most afternoon residentials I get vary from 25-40 stops per hour depending on what I get. But routinely I get sent help, and most days dispatch realizes there is absolutely no way I can get done and I am nothing more than a moving storage building for the packages to whatever junior driver gets done early. And to think, I actually got bumped off the route!!

Sent using BrownCafe App

Cementups

Box Monkey
I'll try to explain what the OP is talking about.

Usually when you go down say 4 pages and check out a stop further down in EDD, you hit details and maybe check out which apartments may be getting stuff. Then when you go back in the EDD listing, occasional it will "reset" the EDD listing (unless you have it dogeared) and return you to the very first stop instead of just backing up to the 4th page that you were in when you opened that stop.

scoutlover

I'll try to explain what the OP is talking about.

Usually when you go down say 4 pages and check out a stop further down in EDD, you hit details and maybe check out which apartments may be getting stuff. Then when you go back in the EDD listing, occasional it will "reset" the EDD listing (unless you have it dogeared) and return you to the very first stop instead of just backing up to the 4th page that you were in when you opened that stop.
Exactly. Thanks for rewording it.

Sent using BrownCafe App

oldngray

nowhere special
programmer_cartoon_2.jpg