Quit ups.

brownguy111178

I recently quit ups, willow grove hub, Pa. My full-time supervisor told me on my last day " if you dont finish the day im not going to pay you for unused vacation". I know by law he cannot do that, but its been almost three weeks. Ive spoken to my union rep, ive called HR, and my PTO is still not being processed. I have 40hrs of vacation time. And 7 personal days (not sure if you get reimbursed for those) which steps should I take now in order to get my money?

ibleedbrown

hound your union rep and get your money!!! if you are lawfully entitled to that money and i'm pretty sure you are since it's from last years work, fight for it. what did your union rep say?

Wally

BrownCafe Innovator & King of Puns
File a complaint with your states Attorney General's office. Watch how fast you get action as people have to answer. Be sure to include that supervisors name.

trickpony1

File a complaint with your states Attorney General's office. Watch how fast you get action as people have to answer. Be sure to include that supervisors name.

The words "theft", "extortion" and "fraud" by that supe come to my mind but........what could I know.....I'm just a truck driver.

box_beeyotch

I recommend going in and asking them how much their life is worth to them, and that if they want to keep it to give you your Damn money. You don't mess with another man's pockets.

newfups

Funny this topic came up today. I seem to have the opposite issue. Retired end of May 2015, used all of my vacation, personal and sick days, got a check in the mail today for over $700, details said "adjustment" and hours worked "0." Before I cash that baby, I want to know what the heck it is. I don't want to deal with it months or years down the road . . . Put in a call to HR today, waiting for call back, we'll see, I guess . . .

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

Funny this topic came up today. I seem to have the opposite issue. Retired end of May 2015, used all of my vacation, personal and sick days, got a check in the mail today for over $700, details said "adjustment" and hours worked "0." Before I cash that baby, I want to know what the heck it is. I don't want to deal with it months or years down the road . . . Put in a call to HR today, waiting for call back, we'll see, I guess . . .

Pension adjustment?

JL 0513

Pull a George Costanza. You walk in Monday morning like nothing ever happened. Just start working. Sup comes to you asking what you're doing here, you say "what are you talking about?, I work here". Then proceed to put your vacation request in.

:D

olroadbeech

Happy Verified UPSer
did they pay you your earned vacation days you earned from the first 5 months on a prorate basis for next year when you left?