Quit!

MaineGroundDriver

He once threatened to fire me because he gave me 20 packages and told me to 79 them to myself. He wanted me to scan them with his scanner, 79 them to me, and forge his signature. I refused an just delivered them as my work area, which hurt the service. I got in trouble for NOT committing fraud. Anyway, Im done ranting.

No longer my business, no longer my problem!

Umm .. the driver RECEIVING the pkgs to be delivered signs the scanner, so why would he want you to forge his name??

bbsam

Staff member
That doesn't hurt his service either. A service manager might get a little hot under the collar. That's all though.

CJinx

That doesn't hurt his service either. A service manager might get a little hot under the collar. That's all though.
Accuracy is a BS metric anyway. Who cares if it was scanned to one truck and delivered by another? I'd rather see accuracy take a hit than have inbound service failures scanned against the station.

Epoisode7

Maine Ground Driver, Yes, I did work for a bad contractor. If all of FedEx was as bad as I describe, it wouldn't be around for too long. As I stated also, it's not the funny business that is my main concern. It's the low wages, no benefits, and contractor model that FDX uses that make me angry. If you enjoy what you do, and have a good setup, then more power to you.

soc151

Accuracy is a BS metric anyway. Who cares if it was scanned to one truck and delivered by another? I'd rather see accuracy take a hit than have inbound service failures scanned against the station.

Will you please come to my terminal and tell them this??? Got my ass chewed out one day for meeting my area's HD driver at 4:00, taking 22 stops (mostly office businesses) and getting them all serviced before they closed. Had I done a 79 on them, I wouldn't have had time to make service.

Epoisode7

I am going to miss the free green pens that were passed out on the rare occasion when everyone was 100%. The longest I had one was about 4 days. The clicker shot off like a missile and almost took my eye out. I think Fred S has a sweatshop in the basement of his creepy Memphis mansion where immigrants and children are forced to mass produce crappy green Ground pens. I bet they don't get benefits either.

I also will miss the "appreciation breakfasts" that rolled around every few months. I don't know if it was a Ground thing, or just a terminal thing. The first time I witnessed an appreciation breakfast, I thought it was a joke and I laughed. The breakfast consisted of a case of Costco bottled water, and a few dozen greasy Sausage Biscuits from McD's. First of all the Sausage Biscuits are the cheapest thing on the menu. They couldn't even get an egg mcmuffin. Second, it was obvious they had been sitting for hours. The grease had eaten its way through the wrappers and into the bottom of the bag. I didn't know whether to laugh or cry, so I just threw the entire bag into the trash and went and bought some decent food.

These cretins could take all the money they throw down the drain on food and pay the medical deductibles on dozens if not hundreds of Ground employees.

_,|,, o(-_-)o ,,|,_ Ground

Fedexoffice_driver

I am going to miss the free green pens that were passed out on the rare occasion when everyone was 100%. The longest I had one was about 4 days. The clicker shot off like a missile and almost took my eye out. I think Fred S has a sweatshop in the basement of his creepy Memphis mansion where immigrants and children are forced to mass produce crappy green Ground pens. I bet they don't get benefits either.

I also will miss the "appreciation breakfasts" that rolled around every few months. I don't know if it was a Ground thing, or just a terminal thing. The first time I witnessed an appreciation breakfast, I thought it was a joke and I laughed. The breakfast consisted of a case of Costco bottled water, and a few dozen greasy Sausage Biscuits from McD's. First of all the Sausage Biscuits are the cheapest thing on the menu. They couldn't even get an egg mcmuffin. Second, it was obvious they had been sitting for hours. The grease had eaten its way through the wrappers and into the bottom of the bag. I didn't know whether to laugh or cry, so I just threw the entire bag into the trash and went and bought some decent food.

These cretins could take all the money they throw down the drain on food and pay the medical deductibles on dozens if not hundreds of Ground employees.

_,|,, o(-_-)o ,,|,_ Ground
. What's wrong with Costco water I buy it all the time for my family what you wanted envian water ,Fiji water and some ihop breakfast perhaps you had your moment now your just bitching And crying boo hoo you got some Costco cry me a river at least somebody was trying to show you some appreciation something some drivers will never see specially at ground I don't know you but you sound like a bitcher bitching like always never happy always complaining but always want more because they feel they have the time in but not the work go figure another ground driver not happy at work and yes all opcos have those and not just at fedex everywhere there always those who criticized everything even the brand of water ,wow but good for you

DontThrowPackages

. What's wrong with Costco water I buy it all the time for my family what you wanted envian water ,Fiji water and some ihop breakfast perhaps you had your moment now your just bitching And crying boo hoo you got some Costco cry me a river at least somebody was trying to show you some appreciation something some drivers will never see specially at ground I don't know you but you sound like a bitcher bitching like always never happy always complaining but always want more because they feel they have the time in but not the work go figure another ground driver not happy at work and yes all opcos have those and not just at fedex everywhere there always those who criticized everything even the brand of water ,wow but good for you
If you can't do something nice then don't do anything at all. A box of greasy donuts or process breakfast meats bound to give one pancreatic cancer isn't very nice. It's isn't very thoughtful, nothing more. I have no problem with someone handing out costco waters. That's thoughtful. Here's something for you to stave off heat stroke. We care about you out there. I remember back when it was nice to see the station giving drivers the option of apples and other fruit for breakfast along with milk and OJ.
I don't feel this guy is biching at all but rather just stating things as he saw and the way things rubbed him, good or bad. Keep the costco water coming. That's a thoughtful gesture.

MrFedEx

Engorged Member

You sir, are a consumer of the Kool-Aid.

MAKAVELI

You sir, are a consumer of the Kool-Aid.
I knew they were mixing something in that water. That's why I bring my own.

Epoisode7

Office driver, I understand where you're coming from. But let me add... I've stated multiple times that everything I'm angry about is my fault mostly, because I chose to work there and I always had the option to quit. I never said FedEx was entirely to blame. Second, look around you. Do you think all the Ground drivers that are happy and successful spend any amount of time on this board? People come here with problems. Yes, I did come here to bitch a bit, and to share my experience with Ground. There were plenty of good things I experienced, most of them non Fed ex related. I developed a strong bond with my coworkers, and for the most part I had decent interactions with customers. As I also stated, if my posts don't apply to you, just ignore me. If you're happy driving office supplies around, then I'm happy for you. And costco water is fine, my point was, it's cheap! I ran my own company before and it's not rocket science when you mix food and employees. If you want to boost morale and show appreciation, you get decent food. If the message you want to send is "I'm being forced to buy you an appreciation breakfast, so here it is, this is what I subconsciously think of you" then you buy costco water and sausage biscuits.

And the period and comma button are your friend, brah.

Epoisode7

A
t least somebody was trying to show you some appreciation. That is something some drivers will never see, especially at Ground.

Office driver, I quoted you (and I edited it so I could understand it). That quote shows the very sad nature of Ground. When you hear Ground and appreciation in the same sentence, you immediately think of it as not a likely combination. You said so yourself. THAT IS MY VERY POINT! Ground drivers are exploited for low wages, no appreciation, long hours, and no benefits. Some of them are knuckleheads, knuckle draggers, or some other type of knuckle, but I'm of the opinion that most Ground drivers are decent people, who are being taken advantage of.

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
Office driver, I understand where you're coming from. But let me add... I've stated multiple times that everything I'm angry about is my fault mostly, because I chose to work there and I always had the option to quit. I never said FedEx was entirely to blame. Second, look around you. Do you think all the Ground drivers that are happy and successful spend any amount of time on this board? People come here with problems. Yes, I did come here to bitch a bit, and to share my experience with Ground. There were plenty of good things I experienced, most of them non Fed ex related. I developed a strong bond with my coworkers, and for the most part I had decent interactions with customers. As I also stated, if my posts don't apply to you, just ignore me. If you're happy driving office supplies around, then I'm happy for you. And costco water is fine, my point was, it's cheap! I ran my own company before and it's not rocket science when you mix food and employees. If you want to boost morale and show appreciation, you get decent food. If the message you want to send is "I'm being forced to buy you an appreciation breakfast, so here it is, this is what I subconsciously think of you" then you buy costco water and sausage biscuits.

And the period and comma button are your friend, brah.

Someone that writes as well as you do is meant for better things than Ground.