Quitting after almost 6 years

PiedmontSteward

RTW-4-Less
I've been there 25 yrs. and would never encourage anyone to stay there instead of finishing their college degree and getting a job in the field in which they studied. Jmo. Best of luck to the OP!!!

I'm going on 10 years, have a four year degree, and I'm still slinging boxes. He doesn't have a solid job yet and jobs at most college that don't include tenure (which is almost all of them these days) aren't very secure, to say the least. Your employment depends on department funding and states are all about slashing education budgets for state colleges these days.

He shouldn't let UPS get in the way of his future career by any means, but sticking around for the benefits and extra cash (if it's workable by, say, switching to Midnight) wouldn't be a bad idea.

UPSGUY72

I have a 4 year degree, a commercial Helicopter pilot license, and I push cardboard for a living because it pays more, the benefits are pretty dam good and I don't work on the weekend.

cb1969

Also, once you give your 2 weeks, make sure you cancel your direct deposit if you have it. I believe the direct deposit we sign to allow UPS to put money into our bank account, also allows them to take money out of our account if they make an overpayment error. Once you're out of the system, it will be harder to get an error like that corrected.

No they can not take money out of your account because of direct deposit. Period!! Just so you know, no one can!!

HBGPreloader

It sounds like you're young. If you can do both and not negatively impact either, give it a shot!
Also, I'm not sure if it's in the master agreement or just our local supplement, but I recall reading that you can cash out personal and sick days any time you want. I'm not sure about vacation time though.
After a quick glance at the currently enforced master agreement, article 23 notes that all money owed to the employee will be paid all money owed in the pay period following the week you quit.

barnyard

KTM rider
This should all be covered in your contract book. In mine, if I leave, I will be paid accrued vacation. Any unused PHs are gone.

You need to check your own supplements to get an accurate answer. Either read it or go to the union hall and find someone that can read it.

Pretty sure it has been covered in other "retro pay" threads, if you leave, you forfeit retro pay.

Catatonic

Nine Lives
Have you flown those?
Sorry! Got those reversed.
No I have not but I have 5 friends who are ex-Air Force Fighter pilots of which 3 are licensed to fly helicopters.
They talk about these things and they all say flying a helicopter is trickier than a Cessna but not as hard or complex as an friend-15 or friend-16.

Sorry! Got those reversed.
No I have not but I have 5 friends who are ex-Air Force Fighter pilots of which 3 are licensed to fly helicopters.
They talk about these things and they all say flying a helicopter is trickier than a Cessna but not as hard or complex as an friend-15 or friend-16.
I've flown six times in my life and it freaks me out every time. My ears pop I get an intense headache and my anxiety level is very high.