Quiz # 2 teamsters quiz

filthpig

Question 17 Teamsters and Turtles gathered in Seattle, Washington to protest which one of the following?

World Trade Organization (November 1999)

my B/A was there for this, the one who wrote UPS survivor guide

there is also a movie about this out there somewere called battle in seattle
Battle-in-Seattle.jpg

Hollywood made a movie the big moguls don't want you to see—at least not in movie theaters. Instead, the big producers would love for it to go straight to DVD—maybe because the events it depicts show how union members and activists in the environmental, human rights and religious communities can successfully join together to challenge a bottom-line-only global economy. The "Battle In Seattle," which is being released in limited markets on Friday, tells the story of how those who came to Seattle in 1999 challenged the World Trade Organization (WTO) Ministerial summit in Seattle, changing the course of history.

Says Townsend:
I wanted to make this film because the Seattle protests captured many of the most important and ongoing issues of our time. But it was also an event that had largely been forgotten. When I started looking at the footage from 1999, I was amazed at the diversity. This wasn't just rich college kids, it was steelworkers, teamsters, farmers, teachers, Catholic groups, students, and environmentalists standing up and demanding their rights, their dignity.

Activists Arrive In Seattle, Washington En Masse To Protest A, Meeting Of The World Trade Organization. Riots And Chaos Ensue, As Demonstrators Successfully Sto...p The Wto Meetings
That looks like the most boring movie ever made.

Dark_Team_135

I got 20 of 21 correct. Missed this one:

20. Which of the following governs Canadian Teamsters?
All of the above

Your Answer: [Canada Labour Code]

705red

Browncafe Steward
I got 19 out of 21, i failed on the canada question, but i want to dispute the question which labor fedration speaks for labor as a whole! A) AFL-CIO

We havent belonged to the AFL-CIO since we created our own change to win and left the AFL-CIO.

tieguy

Banned
Question 17 Teamsters and Turtles gathered in Seattle, Washington to protest which one of the following?

World Trade Organization (November 1999)

my B/A was there for this, the one who wrote UPS survivor guide

there is also a movie about this out there somewere called battle in seattle
Battle-in-Seattle.jpg

Hollywood made a movie the big moguls don't want you to see—at least not in movie theaters. Instead, the big producers would love for it to go straight to DVD—maybe because the events it depicts show how union members and activists in the environmental, human rights and religious communities can successfully join together to challenge a bottom-line-only global economy. The "Battle In Seattle," which is being released in limited markets on Friday, tells the story of how those who came to Seattle in 1999 challenged the World Trade Organization (WTO) Ministerial summit in Seattle, changing the course of history.

I'm not sure if the above quote is yours or was pasted in. I don't see the significance of the above event. I remember it as a protest by a bunch of wack jobs that did not accomplish much more then rioting and destruction.

I'm surprised someone would try to make a movie glorifying the event.

backinbrown

respect my authority
I'm not sure if the above quote is yours or was pasted in. I don't see the significance of the above event. I remember it as a protest by a bunch of wack jobs that did not accomplish much more then rioting and destruction.

I'm surprised someone would try to make a movie glorifying the event.

I just copied and pasted it is my opinion that what the "whack jobs" did was important.

You do realize this was not just teamsters i think tie you are just not seeing what was done there, in my opinion you see teamsters and immediately what ever was being protested was stupid to you.JMO as is your opinion

do you not think it was important i feel it was, i don't think people know what was going on there from these post's i think there was issue's that needed to be protested again jmo

read about it for yourselves here and decide for yourself i did. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/WTO_Ministerial_Conference_of_1999_protest_activity

P

pickup

I got 19 out of 21, i failed on the canada question, but i want to dispute the question which labor fedration speaks for labor as a whole! A) AFL-CIO

We havent belonged to the AFL-CIO since we created our own change to win and left the AFL-CIO.

I figured YOU would get a great grade, good for you!

tieguy

Banned
I just copied and pasted it is my opinion that what the "whack jobs" did was important.

You do realize this was not just teamsters i think tie you are just not seeing what was done there, in my opinion you see teamsters and immediately what ever was being protested was stupid to you.JMO as is your opinion

do you not think it was important i feel it was, i don't think people know what was going on there from these post's i think there was issue's that needed to be protested again jmo

read about it for yourselves here and decide for yourself i did. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/WTO_Ministerial_Conference_of_1999_protest_activity

you can't discount my opinion by saying I jumped on something with teamsters in it. Much of the normal teamster dialogue I leave alone. The protest was lawless destruction. It was an embarrassment. it did nothing to stop nafta. whatever the teamsters intended to do with the protest the message was lost when the the wack job fringe elements started destroying the town. Thats the impression that was left with that mess.

backinbrown

respect my authority
you can't discount my opinion by saying I jumped on something with teamsters in it. Much of the normal teamster dialogue I leave alone. The protest was lawless destruction. It was an embarrassment. it did nothing to stop nafta. whatever the teamsters intended to do with the protest the message was lost when the the wack job fringe elements started destroying the town. Thats the impression that was left with that mess.

I dont discount your opinion did not intend to anyway

Personally i found it interesting