QVC/HSN Ladies

my step mom is what you'd call a qvc addict. she's not a shut in ir hoarder per se but rather a person who believes happiness can be bought. other than her wasting $500 of my dad's money on a vaccuum cleaner when we already had two, i can't say i mind. unloading a qvc truck makes for an easy day. i can usually do about 1600 pph in those trucks.

iruhnman630

We have one lady who lives in an apartment. The drivers who do this complex dread this stop because not only is her apartment and doorway crammed with boxes, the smell that comes out when the door is opened is sickening. At least one driver sup has walked away gagging.

It amazes me that the apartment complex has never evicted her.

toonertoo

Most Awesome Dog
Staff member
I have never ordered from QVC myself because no matter how good the "deal" is, with a bit of research I can usually find it cheaper somewhere else online.
I can agree, BUT I had a lady who has since moved to AZ for her health. She always found neat stuff, and I have a jewelry box of stuff I have never seen before that she gave me. She couldnt get around very well, so for her and those types of people it is a Godsend. Personally I cant watch it because they go on, and on for half an hour talking about the same item, it drives me batcrap.

We have one lady who lives in an apartment. The drivers who do this complex dread this stop because not only is her apartment and doorway crammed with boxes, the smell that comes out when the door is opened is sickening. At least one driver sup has walked away gagging.

It amazes me that the apartment complex has never evicted her.
These are the ones I feel sorry for, cant even put it inside for them, because they cannot get the door open, But its not just QVC, its anything they can buy from TV. Once I hit a house with that kind of smell I literally drive around the corner and puke. Cant they smell it?

brownedout

A few years back I was delivering QVC boxes to an apartment dweller. I was able to hear the TV on QVC through the unopened door. When she opened the door with phone in hand she lipped "I'm on the phone with them right now." Yeah, no kidding, you get 2,3 a day everyday, I would imagine it wasn't the only time you were on the phone with them that day. I too deal with spouses who are embarrassed by their other halves. It's not just QVC Queens out there, there are QVC Kings also. My favorite has become the inquiring neighbors, who become slightly amused and just a little irritated when I won't discuss their neighbors ordering habits.

Jackburton

Gone Fish'n
You guys do realize that people find deals on crap and resell even for a 5% markup right? Last year around Christmas I had 3-4 deliveries myself every couple days. You can snatch up deals and resell on Craigs List or EBay for sometimes massive profits. I must of made 5k a few years back selling Wii's that I bought off Amazon and Toysrus brick and mortar. Those high demand items are what you can supplement incomes for if you were doing it all day with multiple items.

Simple things such as laptops or even diapers you can resell for a profit with free shipping and no tax on the items. Amazon prime account is like 80 bucks a year and makes anything free shipping and free upgrade if it's super saver (spend 25 or more gets free shipping). Couple those things with smart shopping and a good demand say with a power seller store on EBay, you can make some serious scratch on the side or full time

whenIgetthere

I had one delivery today on my Saturday Fedex route, 10 boxes from Amazon.com. When I got there, there were at least 20 boxes from Friday (I assume), Fedex, UPS and fedex ground still on the front porch, and they too were all Amazon. I have Saturday amazon deliveries for this house every week. I told the guy one day he was keeping Amazon in business all by himself, and keeping me with plenty of freight on my Saturday route:)

Jackburton

Gone Fish'n
I had one delivery today on my Saturday Fedex route, 10 boxes from Amazon.com. When I got there, there were at least 20 boxes from Friday (I assume), Fedex, UPS and fedex ground still on the front porch, and they too were all Amazon. I have Saturday amazon deliveries for this house every week. I told the guy one day he was keeping Amazon in business all by himself, and keeping me with plenty of freight on my Saturday route:)
I'd bet dimes to dollars he's reselling on EBay or the like. Y'all sometime wonder what these people do that stay home and just order crap all day. How they are paying for all this crap they are getting. You're delivering their paycheck from Amazon, they just gotta post it and reship to it's final destination.

browniehound

Calling one of our biggest shippers' stuff "crap" is rather offensive. I have some very successful women on my route that order their clothing from QVC. They are very snazzy dressers. I agree that there are "hoarders" out there, but what about the ones who get Amazon deliveries daily? Is that stuff "crap" too? Those two companies keep alot of us employed.

I really appreciate the companies themselves AND the people who order it. I classify it as crap because its mostly stuff people don't need, but then again I'm unusual. The only thing I ever ordered from Amazon is the Kindle and I can't live without it as I take it to work everyday. Call me cheap, but I'm just not a person who buys anything.

All I need in life is my family, the internet, good food and wine, an ice cold beer, something to read, and some good sporting events. Henry David Thoreau said "A man is rich in the things he can live without" and I firmly believe that.

Maybe I misstated myself. To be clear, I am not denigrating these people at all. I was just making an observation and conversation. The people that receive Amazon everyday happen to be some of my nicest customers (even if I don't understand them). Others with home businesses for example tend not to be. I could go on all day on this subject but I'll leave it at that for now, lol.

browniehound

BBH is right. Not all QVC queens are hoarders but there ARE those that are. I can think of 2 customers right off the bat, 1 fits into each category. It's really to bad that someone isn't there to check on these people. And don't assume, Brownie, that they are only women. They aren't.

PS. I have ordered QVC and I have never had anything crappie.

You're right Dill,I shouldn't assume they are women it just seems that the majority are. I have men customers that are just as bad with the Amazon. And one more thing why is it always the houses that are the most out of the way with the longest driveways and no shelter from the weather that gets stuff everyday? It sure seems it to me.

dilligaf

IN VINO VERITAS
You're right Dill,I shouldn't assume they are women it just seems that the majority are. I have men customers that are just as bad with the Amazon. And one more thing why is it always the houses that are the most out of the way with the longest driveways and no shelter from the weather that gets stuff everyday? It sure seems it to me.
Absolutely!!!! :knockedout:

rod

Retired 22 years
It must be some kind of addiction. Now excuse me while I page through my Harley catalog to see what new piece of 100 dollar bling I'm going to buy next.