QVC Problem

TooTechie

Geek in Brown
You know you have a QVC problem when...

Sent from Droid 4 using Brown Cafe mobile app
1396400963766.jpg

barnyard

KTM rider
I used to deliver to a place that had hundreds of unopened boxes of QVC in her garage. Her husband called the center and had anything addressed to their address as 'rts, refused.'

TooTechie

Geek in Brown
This qvc queen usually gets 4 to 6 a day. This was the most she's ever got in 1 day. 14.

Sent from Droid 4 using Brown Cafe mobile app

Pkgcar1988

I once delivered over 90 qvc in one day to a lady. I went up and rang the doorbell and she answered. I said I have 90 some qvc pkgs for you where do u want them. She said take them back and I will pick them up, my husband is home and he is going to kill me if he sees all of them. I said really that's not going to happen just open your garage door and I will stack them in there. She hesitated and said alright. As I was unloading her husband came out and said what the friend* and just stomped back into the house. Didn't deliver another for a few months.

wornoutupser

I had two that come to mind-

First was an entire house that only had walkpaths thru it. The wife lived at her elderly mothers home a hundred miles away. The husband stacked this stuff for years!

The second was a 10 box plus a day regular. UPS ended up putting a rts on every delivery for that address. She died of a brain tumor a few months later.
The landlord went to the house and it was stacked top to bottom with boxes. The landlord also found her dead dog and cat that had died months before in the home. It was a sad situation.

I had one QVC queen on my route who was also a hoarder. She had a path leading through her house: just a path. The entire house was crammed with boxes, papers, refuse, etc. I couldn't help but feel a little bit sorry for her.

scratch

Least Best Moderator
Staff member
I have had a lot of them I delivered to over the years. One queen had the garage full and you couldn't walk through it. I left several rugs on the front porch, they laid unopened in the same spot for years.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

I had one where she would be on the phone w/QVC as I was delivering her QVC.

There was another who was also a hoarder. When she passed away it took 3 roll-away dumpsters to hold all of the crap that she had in that house. Sad.

JL 0513

Seems like we all have QVC queens on our routes. What is it that does this to people? So sad. Do they have oversize credit lines or do these people somehow scrape up the money and pay it off each month?

Interestingly, the "type" is usually retired old lady. So they're on social security yet fill their homes with garbage. I swear these SS checks just end up being extra spending cash for so many of these people. Must be nice. Don't worry, I'll keep working for ya. God knows there won't be SS when I retire.