QVC up?

kingOFchester

Has anyoe else noticed the QVC volume to be going back up a bit? Seems like I am seeing more QVC stuff...........at least more then I have seen since peek. Anyone else notice this?

bluehdmc

I'm a feeder driver so I don't know about QVC, but I recent'y read a newspaper article about tv sales (the Billy Mays, Shamwow sort of thing) is up. It's supposed to be a normal thing during recessions. I guess instead of going out or to malls people are watching too much tv.

Livin the Dream?

Disillusioned UPSer
I'm a feeder driver so I don't know about QVC, but I recent'y read a newspaper article about tv sales (the Billy Mays, Shamwow sort of thing) is up. It's supposed to be a normal thing during recessions. I guess instead of going out or to malls people are watching too much tv.

Or bored staying home unemployed so they clean.

Cementups

Box Monkey
of course QVC may be a little up. Mos tof your residential type deliveries should be the same or up. People are running around and shopping as much, and instead they are all doing it from the computers and TVs at home.

barnyard

KTM rider
My wife works for a company that does consultant sales (like Avon, only different), they are a UPS account and their volume is way up.

TB

sano

In my side business I order from a web site called Printplace.com. 3 weeks ago I placed an order and fed ex was the only shipping option. Yesterday I ordered and was glad to see that UPS was the only option. I don't know how big they are, but chalk one up for the good guys

scratch

Least Best Moderator
Staff member
I always have a lot of QVC, I haven't noticed any kind of change. Volume is always high on residential routes this time of year. I don't know if it has anything to do with Easter, extra cash from tax refunds, or just spring spending. I usually have splits pulled off me everday, I ran 160 stops instead of my usual 140.