R.I.P. Brittany Murphy

moreluck

golden ticket member
US actress Brittany Murphy dies at 32: TMZ

27 mins ago

LOS ANGELES (AFP) – Actress Brittany Murphy, known for her roles in films such as "Clueless" and "8 Mile," died Sunday at age 32, entertainment news website TMZ reported.
"Murphy died early this morning after she went into full cardiac arrest and could not be revived," the site reported.
"A 911 call was made at 8:00 AM from a home in Los Angeles that is listed as belonging to her husband, Simon Monjack," the report cited the Los Angeles City Fire Department as saying.
"A county coroner is picking up Murphy's body from Cedars (Sinai Medical Center) later today and will launch an investigation," TMZ said.
The petite, dark-eyed actress whose work included both comedic and dramatic films, reportedly was fired from her last project, "The Caller," after reports said she was problematic on set.

I thought she did pretty good in the movies I`ve seen with her in them. I thought she was perfect on "King of the Hill".
Shame.

over9five

Staff member
I have no idea who she is, but I read a report that she was a heavy drug user. So much so that she was even parodied this way on SNL.

R.I.P.

705red

Browncafe Steward
Such a pretty young woman. Its a terrible shame to see people allow drugs to do this to them. Its also a shame that family and friends continue to allow this. I know you must want help to get help, but someone out there had to care enough to convince her to stop.

JimJimmyJames

Big Time Feeder Driver
Such a pretty young woman. Its a terrible shame to see people allow drugs to do this to them. Its also a shame that family and friends continue to allow this. I know you must want help to get help, but someone out there had to care enough to convince her to stop.

It doesn't seem like you lived through this. My brother died from an overdose and, believe you me, we did everything to help him.

I hate to say this, but there are lost causes in this world. Some people unfortunately insist on not being saved.

over9five

Staff member
Agree with JJJ. Everyone knows drug use is "bad". She was an adult who made a decision to use. Being a decision making adult can have major consequences. Tragically, like so many others she paid with her life.

Of course all this is conjecture. I don't think there's been an official cause of death found yet.

Jones

fILE A GRIEVE!
Staff member
I thought she was good in 8 Mile and Sin City. As 705 said, it's a terrible shame.
Agree with JJJ. Everyone knows drug use is "bad". She was an adult who made a decision to use. Being a decision making adult can have major consequences. Tragically, like so many others she paid with her life.

Of course all this is conjecture. I don't think there's been an official cause of death found yet.
Thank you.