R.I.P. Davy Jones

rod

Retired 22 years
When I started dating my wife she had a bigger crush on Davy Jones than she did me. Tonight she is sad----me too. Rest In Peace Mr. Davy Jones.

P

pickup

Tooner must be crushed, she was the president of the Davy Jones Fan Club and even got Davy Jones to take her to the prom.

DS

Fenderbender
Aww pickup that was so cute:) I always thought he was the most talented...ok AND the cutest

godspeed Mr. Jones

satellitedriver

The simple guitar licks of this song was one of the first I learned on my $15 Montgomery Ward Silvertone guitar.-(which I still have)-. I thought they were just a joke, made up band, but a fun sound.
Back in the 70's I got very, very drunk with Mickey Dolenz and he only had good things to say about Dave.
Maybe it is just me romanticizing my youth, but
the music sounds better to me now than it did then.
May perpetual light shine upon him.

The Monkees - I'm a Believer [official music video] - YouTube

klein

Für Meno :)
You know they had re-runs of that show about 2 years ago here, and it was once my favorite show as a kid.
I couldn't watch it now (those 2 years ago) ! It's soo stupid !

satellitedriver

It's soo stupid !
Just too easy, to resist.
I apologize in advance.
:samvetesmiley:

So, your brilliant brain cells have been bumping into to each other for the last two years-( of your non-employed buttocks)- to figure out how to sell hotdogs out of a Hearse?

-( even though it was your brothers idea, and Hearse)-

I really believe the concept is viable, but your approach, and application, leaves much to be desired.
As Forrest Gump's mother taught him;
Stupid is as stupid does.

DS

Fenderbender
that song died with him...let it rest in peace...
never heard it before,hope I never do again

P

pickup

that song died with him...let it rest in peace...
never heard it before,hope I never do again

If you and your bandmates had the privilege to back Davy Jones , you would have probably ruined it the way the band in this group did. The song starts at 47 seconds in the video and at the 1:14, that grunge band begins its hijack of the song.

So lay on your bed, lay back your head, smoke another cigarette.... and listen to the radio...

Davy Jones Dies at 66 years old - RIP - YouTube