R.I.P. Gordie Howe

Covemastah

Hoopah drives the boat Chief !!
I liked Gordy Howe , saw him at end of his career ,, but for my money ,,, Bobby Orr , is, and will always be the greatest hockey player of all time !!

olroadbeech

Happy Verified UPSer
that is where i grew up. our family was and still is even though we have been in Cali since the 80's HUGE Boston sports fans. Went to the 2nd game of world series in 1975. ( wish it had been the 6th, ha ha ) went to a lot od Sox games. Patriots back in the late 60's and early 70's when they had pretty poor teams. Lived thru the Celtics heydays in the 60's bringing my transistor radio with earphone to listen to almost every game.

getting back to Howe. We all thought of him as an indestructible hockey god. he was almost unstoppable on a fast break. a terror on the ice. in our neighborhood pick up street hockey games we would be Orr, or Esposito, or madman Derek Sanderson or any other Bruin and some guy from another neighborhood might be Howe and we would throw down the imaginary gloves and pile on him.

even though we have been in Cali for over 30 years we have NEVER given up all allegiance to the Boston teams and we never will.

Covemastah

Hoopah drives the boat Chief !!
that is where i grew up. our family was and still is even though we have been in Cali since the 80's HUGE Boston sports fans. Went to the 2nd game of world series in 1975. ( wish it had been the 6th, ha ha ) went to a lot od Sox games. Patriots back in the late 60's and early 70's when they had pretty poor teams. Lived thru the Celtics heydays in the 60's bringing my transistor radio with earphone to listen to almost every game.

getting back to Howe. We all thought of him as an indestructible hockey god. he was almost unstoppable on a fast break. a terror on the ice. in our neighborhood pick up street hockey games we would be Orr, or Esposito, or madman Derek Sanderson or any other Bruin and some guy from another neighborhood might be Howe and we would throw down the imaginary gloves and pile on him.

even though we have been in Cali for over 30 years we have NEVER given up all allegiance to the Boston teams and we never will.
Nothing was better than
Johnney Most on the radio , or ken Coleman and Ned Martin calling the sox

Wally

BrownCafe Innovator & King of Puns
th