R.I.P Ronnie James Dio

jimstud

Banned
I wasn't a big fan of his time with Sabbath, but Dream Evil was a great album. RIP Mr Dio.

i agree ozzy was the only true black sabbath singer but dio with rainbow that is another story. the man had a great set of pipes. he will be missed.

wkmac

I liked what Dream Theater's Mike Portnoy said,

Dream Theater’s Mike Portnoy (also of Avenged Sevenfold) called today “one of the saddest days in metal ever” and opined that the deceased Dimebag Darrell, Randy Rhoads, Metallica’s Cliff Burton, and Led Zeppelin’s John Bonham just gained the “ultimate singer.”

Dio's musical career began in 1958' but it was his band Elf in the early 70's that paved the way forward. Elf was a constant tour partner with Deep Purple and thus the Richie Blackmore connection that became Rainbow and then Black Sabbath/Heaven and Hell.

Dio was a voice of wisdom in a respected grandfatherly way to up and coming musicians and he will be greatly missed.

soberups

Pees in the brown Koolaid
When I was 17 years old I had a mullet and acid-washed jeans that were all shredded in front, and a bunch of band T-shirts (Maiden, Def Leppard, Dio, Ozzy, Scorpions etc.) that I ripped the sleeves off of. I used to play "We Rock" and "Holy Diver" and "Rainbow In The Dark" at full volume and bang my head on the wheel of my '78 Plymouth with the crummy cassette deck. Oddly enough I was never a big Sabbath fan, I liked Dio and Ozzy both a lot better when they were on their own. Ronny James Dio belongs right up there with Ozzy and Rob Halford and Bruce Dickenson as one of the true gods of metal. He will be missed. RIP Ronnie!

Failure Boy

i agree ozzy was the only true black sabbath singer but dio with rainbow that is another story. the man had a great set of pipes. he will be missed.

True. Ozzy was the only true Sab singer.
But Dio was half a million times better than Ozzy will ever be.

Been listening a lot to 'Rising' these days... No need to talk for hours.

The little guy will be missed, for sure.

All Hails, DIO.

rod

Retired 22 years
RIP Mr. Dio----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------yes even so of us old retired people like
Metal

wkmac

Westboro Baptist Church will picket memorial service for Ronnie James Dio

Wendy Dio responded with the following statement:

"Ronnie hates prejudice and violence! We need to turn the other cheek on these people that only know how to hate someone they didn't know. We only know how to love someone we know!"

:peaceful: