Racism rears its ugly head

Sportello

not really interested. there have been many 'programs" that claim they will help minority students learn to be successful. Some have some level of success. But most I think will not since our liberal government leaders and race baiters tend to sell the message of despair, dependency and hopelessness.
W0W!

tieguy, you never change.

There are so many levels of incongruity in your response that a response is futile.

The term 'willful ignorance' comes to mind, or perhaps 'obtuse'.

Way to keep a Brother down.

Babagounj

Strength through joy
Another race hoax .

WREN reported:

Early Saturday morning, three UAlbany students were allegedly harassed and assaulted while riding on a CDTA bus on Western Ave in Albany.

The three students, who are three black females, said racial slurs were used by the perpetrators, whom they described as a group of 10 to 12 white males and females.

Officials, including the Albany County DA, are looking at security video from inside the bus. The bus had at least 12 cameras on it, which include audio. Sources tell NEWS10 ABC the video is damaging the young women’s accusations.

The events described by the supposed victims apparently cannot be found on the video footage. The invariably alleged racial slurs cannot be heard. Evidently three rude black women got into some minor altercation and thought it would be fun to stick it to white people with yet another hate hoax.

Babagounj

Strength through joy
suny-albany-blm-moonbats.jpg

Protesters, including members of the National Congress of Black Women and the Albany chapter of Black Lives Matter, showed signs of support for the women, demanding change in the form of hiring minority faculty and providing sensitivity training for University police.

As it turns out, the biggest crime at SUNY Albany may have been the crimes against grammar committed on the signs protesters were carrying.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

Another race hoax .

WREN reported:

Early Saturday morning, three UAlbany students were allegedly harassed and assaulted while riding on a CDTA bus on Western Ave in Albany.

The three students, who are three black females, said racial slurs were used by the perpetrators, whom they described as a group of 10 to 12 white males and females.

Officials, including the Albany County DA, are looking at security video from inside the bus. The bus had at least 12 cameras on it, which include audio. Sources tell NEWS10 ABC the video is damaging the young women’s accusations.

The events described by the supposed victims apparently cannot be found on the video footage. The invariably alleged racial slurs cannot be heard. Evidently three rude black women got into some minor altercation and thought it would be fun to stick it to white people with yet another hate hoax.

I was on Western Ave this morning.

The CDTA buses DO have cameras all over them, complete with audio. They will find one that will either support or refute their story.

wayfair

swollen member
https://www.yahoo.com/music/black-princeton-professor-goes-off-130900419.html

Princeton Professor Imani Perry is protesting against an arrest during a traffic stop last Saturday (Feb 6). Dr.Perry says she was discriminated against my two white police officers because of her race; she ended up handcuffed to a table at the local police station.

The professor of African-American studies was allegedly driving at 67 miles per hour in a 45 mph zone, at around 9:30 am. So when the two officers—a man, and a woman—stopped her, they found that her driving privileges were suspended, and a warrant was issued for her arrest for two unpaid ticket violations stemming from 2013.

“The warrant commands the officer to take the person into custody,” Captain Sutter of the Princeton Police Department said, according to The New York Times.

Still, in a Facebook post by Dr. Perry she claims she was arrested for a single parking ticket. She says that she was humiliated and scared when she was forced to be body searched by a male police—coupled with the officers involved telling her that it was her fault, and she brought the situation against herself.

“There are a number of commentators online who have repeated to me an all-too-common formulation: ‘Well, if you hadn’t done anything wrong, this wouldn’t have happened,’ she wrote. “But this demand for behavioral perfection from Black people in response to disproportionate policing and punishment is a terrible red herring.”

Subsequently, she was held free after paying $130.00 in overdue fines, according to Captain Sutter. He also alluded that nothing was abnormal about the way the case was handled, he said the male officer just searched the “exterior portion of her clothing,” which means the pockets of her jacket with her shoes.

He also mentioned that it was not a requirement for a female officer to check her, especially considering how there are only eight female cops on staff.

Regardless of Sutter’s justifications, there is no denying the racial tensions that police departments all around the country have caused to the killings of individuals like Eric Garner in Staten Island; Michael Brown in Ferguson, Missouri; and Sandra Bland in Texas.

In addition to her Facebook message, Perry also took to Twitter to share her story. Here is how she broke her experience down:

Yesterday, on my way to work, I was arrested in Princeton Township for a single parking ticket three years ago…

— Imani Perry (@imaniperry) February 7, 2016

The police refused to allow me to make a call before my arrest, so that someone would know where I was…

There was a male and a female officer, but the male officer did the body search before cuffing me and putting me in the squad car.

I was handcuffed to a table at the station.

“We already know it IS the standard protocol for people in poor Black, Indigenous, and Latino communities to experience disproportionate police surveillance, harassment, violence, and punishment,” she wrote. “That is the graver injustice. I’m asking you to understand that my experience, and my feelings, are directly and intimately tied to that larger truth. We unquestionably have a serious problem with policing in this society.”

What are your thoughts on Dr. Perry’s claims? Sound-off below

Operational needs

Virescit Vulnere Virtus
https://www.yahoo.com/music/black-princeton-professor-goes-off-130900419.html

Princeton Professor Imani Perry is protesting against an arrest during a traffic stop last Saturday (Feb 6). Dr.Perry says she was discriminated against my two white police officers because of her race; she ended up handcuffed to a table at the local police station.

The professor of African-American studies was allegedly driving at 67 miles per hour in a 45 mph zone, at around 9:30 am. So when the two officers—a man, and a woman—stopped her, they found that her driving privileges were suspended, and a warrant was issued for her arrest for two unpaid ticket violations stemming from 2013.

“The warrant commands the officer to take the person into custody,” Captain Sutter of the Princeton Police Department said, according to The New York Times.

Still, in a Facebook post by Dr. Perry she claims she was arrested for a single parking ticket. She says that she was humiliated and scared when she was forced to be body searched by a male police—coupled with the officers involved telling her that it was her fault, and she brought the situation against herself.

“There are a number of commentators online who have repeated to me an all-too-common formulation: ‘Well, if you hadn’t done anything wrong, this wouldn’t have happened,’ she wrote. “But this demand for behavioral perfection from Black people in response to disproportionate policing and punishment is a terrible red herring.”

Subsequently, she was held free after paying $130.00 in overdue fines, according to Captain Sutter. He also alluded that nothing was abnormal about the way the case was handled, he said the male officer just searched the “exterior portion of her clothing,” which means the pockets of her jacket with her shoes.

He also mentioned that it was not a requirement for a female officer to check her, especially considering how there are only eight female cops on staff.

Regardless of Sutter’s justifications, there is no denying the racial tensions that police departments all around the country have caused to the killings of individuals like Eric Garner in Staten Island; Michael Brown in Ferguson, Missouri; and Sandra Bland in Texas.

In addition to her Facebook message, Perry also took to Twitter to share her story. Here is how she broke her experience down:

Yesterday, on my way to work, I was arrested in Princeton Township for a single parking ticket three years ago…

The police refused to allow me to make a call before my arrest, so that someone would know where I was…

There was a male and a female officer, but the male officer did the body search before cuffing me and putting me in the squad car.

I was handcuffed to a table at the station.

“We already know it IS the standard protocol for people in poor Black, Indigenous, and Latino communities to experience disproportionate police surveillance, harassment, violence, and punishment,” she wrote. “That is the graver injustice. I’m asking you to understand that my experience, and my feelings, are directly and intimately tied to that larger truth. We unquestionably have a serious problem with policing in this society.”

What are your thoughts on Dr. Perry’s claims? Sound-off below
Oh please.... She should have thought of all that before she drove 22 mph over the speed limit. In my state, that's reckless driving and an automatic trip to the police station, regardless of what race you are. Don't want to be embarrassed and humiliated, don't do the crime. Simple.

Babagounj

Strength through joy
Oh please.... She should have thought of all that before she drove 22 mph over the speed limit. In my state, that's reckless driving and an automatic trip to the police station, regardless of what race you are. Don't want to be embarrassed and humiliated, don't do the crime. Simple.
In my state , the car is towed , if another licensed driver isn't present and the cost of the tow & storage is the owner's responsibility .

DriveInDriveOut

Inordinately Right
In my state , the car is towed , if another licensed driver isn't present and the cost of the tow & storage is the owner's responsibility .
You sure about that? It's almost always up to the discretion of the officer. You can be taken in for reckless driving here too, but I was released for it with just a ticket twice before I was 21 years old. I was more than double the speed limit both times. I'm sure it didn't have anything to do with me being a well groomed polite white kid in a nice car that was registered in my name.....

wayfair

swollen member
You sure about that? It's almost always up to the discretion of the officer. You can be taken in for reckless driving here too, but I was released for it with just a ticket twice before I was 21 years old. I was more than double the speed limit both times. I'm sure it didn't have anything to do with me being a well groomed polite white kid in a nice car that was registered in my name.....
she had warrants for unpaid tickets.... police don't dictate that, the courts do

wayfair

swollen member
I agree. I was talking about their claim that reckless driving automatically is a trip to jail. That's just not how it is here.

20+ over the speed limit here is reckless driving... daughters boyfriend has a badass camaro... he got popped at 130+.... lost his license for a year.....
this chick is baiting

rod

Retired 22 years
20+ over the speed limit here is reckless driving... daughters boyfriend has a badass camaro... he got popped at 130+.... lost his license for a year.....
this chick is baiting

A couple of summers ago there was a guy on a crotch rocket in southern Mn. who got a ticket for 172 in a 55 or something like that. This ones in Dallas

And by the way --who says white guys don't get roughed up by cops. (1:40)

Last edited:

DriveInDriveOut

Inordinately Right
this chick is baiting
I got caught doing over double a 55 limit. Had to go to court but just paid the fine and kept my license. I'd bet if he lost his license it was because he was over the points limit because of other tickets. A reckless driving ticket puts you over halfway to the point limit here.

And ya, the lady is baiting for sure.