Racism @ UPS and the Union

J

jibbs

So exactly what would you do if you were called all types of racial names and mfs to your face and even had your life
threatened while at work? Please educate
us on what proper procedures/ steps
should be taken. I have yet to get an answer.

Like, are you asking personally what we would do or, professionally, what should be done?

Personally, I make bad decisions in situations like these. I get dragged down with the idiots, but I've got a lot of experience too so we just slug it out with hateful remarks. If the person who started antagonizing me decided to turn the situation physical, I'm right there with him.

I'm normally pissed at work anyways. All I need is a target most days, not motivation.

That said, I'm a white guy. I get angry by default when I hear racially-charged comments ("hey whiteboy," "cracker," overhearing conversations focused on ridiculing white people, etc. etc.) [EDIT: Also, "mick." My grandfather instilled a deep hatred of that word in me young. Just hearing someone I'm unfamiliar with say it'll get my blood boiling.]

It (racism directed towards white people) never bothered me growing up. As I got older, though, I took a look around and realized that everybody and their mother can talk :censored2: on white folks and there's no problem, but have a white person talking :censored2: about another race and it blows into some whole separate issue. I'm fine with walking on those eggshells, so long as I get to cover a bit of the ground with some of my own.

Last edited by a moderator:
J

jibbs

I always considered a fetus akin to a parasite until it's born. They just take and take and.... wait, kids do that even after they're born... :eek:

So yeah. Abortion? I'm for it if it's what the parent(s) wants. I wouldn't want to take that step with my own children, but I'm all for allowing other people to deal with their mistakes before they start multiplying.

Covemastah

Hoopah drives the boat Chief !!
I always considered a fetus akin to a parasite until it's born. They just take and take and.... wait, kids do that even after they're born... :eek:

So yeah. Abortion? I'm for it if it's what the parent(s) wants. I wouldn't want to take that step with my own children, but I'm all for allowing other people to deal with their mistakes before they start multiplying.
Bet your glad your parents weren't for it !!

jaker

trolling
What was thread really about anyways , all I read was a argument by different races

You don't use nice words when arguing

J

jibbs

Bet your glad your parents weren't for it !!

But even if they were, I doubt my opinion now would be worth much on the subject.

What was thread really about anyways , all I read was a argument by different races

You don't use nice words when arguing

I think OP was just reaching out to figure out how he should handle working with a racist coworker.

J

jibbs

But why do they think the coworker is racist , because he used some racist words

Yep, pretty much. Threats of death against coworkers of a specific descent'll get you pegged a racist too.

I mean... seems fair to me.

I get what you're saying, though, it was likely just an emotional time for the dude and he vented out at what reminded him of the burglary (I think that's what someone said happened... black dude burglarized his house and the guy just came to work ready to form a lynch mob). The reality of that emotional turmoil is that everyone that saw or heard of it going down will probably look at him differently now because of it, regardless of if he really meant what he said or not.

bleedinbrown58

That’s Craptacular
WHOOPS I thought this thread was about racing !!!!

homer_lurking.gif

I have to read the title slower next time
:rofl: well played, Heff!

toonertoo

Most Awesome Dog
Staff member
Try being married to one.
No way, If I was a guy, I am afraid I would be a gay one. Women and me, dont mesh too well. I have a few dear friends, but for the most part, women are too, oblivious, untuned, self centered, and wicked for me.
Most of my friends are guys, unless they are women like me. Who like and can race, who like and can jump on a horse, bareback, and ride like the wind. Who can handle stress, without drugs to make the world a comfy, fuzzy place. Who can dress up and carry it off, or can run around in jeans and change their own oil, and fix their own flat. Who can cut their own hair, if they dont have time to sit in a parlor, and have it look OK. Who can be ready to go have some fun in a minutes notice, and not worry if their shoes match, their outfit.
I know I am unbalanced, but for the most part, I dont fret and carry on, and be evil to hurt others, just to get through the day. If I have problems that I have tried to fix, and I cant I leave it to something other than myself.
I like a woman who can survive on her own, but would rather share her life with a partner. Self sufficient, not sniveling, because she cant do it. Spoiled, pampered women and I dont get along.

Indecisi0n

No way, If I was a guy, I am afraid I would be a gay one. Women and me, dont mesh too well. I have a few dear friends, but for the most part, women are too, oblivious, untuned, self centered, and wicked for me.
Most of my friends are guys, unless they are women like me. Who like and can race, who like and can jump on a horse, bareback, and ride like the wind. Who can handle stress, without drugs to make the world a comfy, fuzzy place. Who can dress up and carry it off, or can run around in jeans and change their own oil, and fix their own flat. Who can cut their own hair, if they dont have time to sit in a parlor, and have it look OK. Who can be ready to go have some fun in a minutes notice, and not worry if their shoes match, their outfit.
I know I am unbalanced, but for the most part, I dont fret and carry on, and be evil to hurt others, just to get through the day. If I have problems that I have tried to fix, and I cant I leave it to something other than myself.
I like a woman who can survive on her own, but would rather share her life with a partner. Self sufficient, not sniveling, because she cant do it. Spoiled, pampered women and I dont get along.
Need a partner? I'm not busy.

AKupser

Ice Queen (Elsa)
OMG too, you must be my long lost twin! I can't agree more. I much prefer working with men! I've worked in construction as a dump truck driver, log truck driver, coca cola driver, etc but the worst job ever was 9 months of he'll in a bank with women! Men are much more reasonable!!!

Wally

BrownCafe Innovator & King of Puns
My ancestors hail from mother Africa. OK, so they took the long way to America via Europe. Sure, the trip took around 20,000 years, but never the less, I am an American of African descent., therefore, I am starting the "Distant Minority" caucus.