Racist customers

BrownArmy

Next question:

Racist drivers, still using the 'n' word, in all seriousness.

N this, n that, those n's, etc.

If it was a customer, I'd save my words and tell my wife the story.

This driver?

I told him he was racist (smile on my face) and that it was 2014, "wtf?".

Physicists, economists, policy-wonks all agree:

You actually can't fix stupid.

ManInBrown

Customer at business stop says to me the other day "I'm the "N word" around here. Was teed off because the boss at this business refuses to hire more people and this employee is stuck doing everything according to him. Didn't even respond and just walked out after getting Sig. Was disgusted at the comment.

jumpman23

Oh Yeah
Droppin the N word dude, just aint cool. One of my best friends is black and trust me hes a cool :censored2: dude. Hard enough in this country still to this day being black I aint going to sugar coat it 1 bit. Theres people off all different races that are utter garbage as human beings. But on a funny note he always sais to me and we will use the N word, he drops the er from the word at the end and adds an a to it and sais waz up n gga. That's funny and I guess in a way that means he respects me and has a good friend in me. That's how I take it anyway lol. That's my boy I love that dude lol.

soberups

Pees in the brown Koolaid
Thread about a racist customer starts off by calling him a white trash hillbilly.

Nice.
Point taken. I probably could have left that comment out, I was just a little pissed. Trash comes in all colors, his color was irrelevant to the fact that he is a worthless POS.

Sent using BrownCafe App

soberups

Pees in the brown Koolaid
Sounds like the dog is racist if he will only bite Mexicans.
That part bothered me almost as much as having to listen to him spew his racist drivel. A mean dog is an unhappy dog, and I could tell by rhis dogs body language and behavior that it was living a miserable and neglected life.

Sent using BrownCafe App

bbsam

Staff member
Why not just use his ridiculous rant as a reason to take his package back, sheet as refused to sign? Sure he'll call and complain. Probably have to endure 25 minutes of customer service run around and 24 hours later have another opportunity to behave in a civilized manner. What's the worst that could happen? I understand you are there to do a job. That job really doesn't include listening to the racist rants of idiots. Said customer probably won't see the error of his views, but he probably will learn that you aren't his sounding board for idiocy.

Catatonic

Nine Lives
Why not just use his ridiculous rant as a reason to take his package back, sheet as refused to sign? Sure he'll call and complain. Probably have to endure 25 minutes of customer service run around and 24 hours later have another opportunity to behave in a civilized manner. What's the worst that could happen? I understand you are there to do a job. That job really doesn't include listening to the racist rants of idiots. Said customer probably won't see the error of his views, but he probably will learn that you aren't his sounding board for idiocy.
Sober just can't win.
The previous thread he started everyone was telling him to just do his job.
Now he starts this thread and people are telling him to not do his job.
Jeez!

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

Not worth it-----better to just stand there, listen to his rant, get the DIAD signed and get the heck out of there.

bbsam

Staff member
That's what I don't understand. How is it not worth it? Just how hard would UPS come down on the driver? What would they do?

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

That's what I don't understand. How is it not worth it? Just how hard would UPS come down on the driver? What would they do?

We are not in a position to decide whether or not to deliver to a customer based on their beliefs and philosophies.

I have a customer who runs a head shop-----I think all head shops should be closed----does this give me the right to refuse to deliver to this stop?

Now, if the racist rant had been directed at Sober, he would then have every right to refuse to deliver to this stop in the future.

bbsam

Staff member
if the rant goes on and on and costs the company sober's and the company's time I think he has every right. Obviously that's just my opinion but I could see it as a worthy act even if it got me "written up". It's not like it would be the first or most ridiculous thing I had ever been written up for.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

This is where you would need to take control of the delivery situation. If it became obvious that the rant wasn't going to end anytime soon I would politely but firmly state "Sir, please sign the DIAD, I need to get to my next delivery stop." If he didn't get the hint I would then take the pkg and DIAD and start walking toward the pkg car. If he still didn't get the hint his pkg and all future deliveries would be put on will call.

toonertoo

Most Awesome Dog
Staff member
I think you could
1)refuse to deliver threatened by dog.
2) refuse to deliver, threatened by the persons demeanor.
It is all about safety.