Racist customers

Covemastah

Hoopah drives the boat Chief !!
I would of just told him to sign cuz I gottah go,,nothing would ever change him ,although frustrating as it may be,we are working for the Company that shipped the parcel,not him !!

Covemastah

Hoopah drives the boat Chief !!
I had a little peon yrs. ago that hated on every body, he was the type of guy that had to be his way or I will call UPS,, well he got pissed at the pick up driver and called her a
C**T ,Well I blew my stack was in his face and he threatened to call,so I went over his head to Pres. of the company!! Last time I ever saw him in shipping room !!

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

I had someone randomly flip me off in traffic yesterday. I didn't recognize him but the lady in the passenger seat was married to a long-time UPSer who died shortly after he retired. I don't know if he was flipping me off or the company in general as I have never met or interacted with him. I didn't respond to him and just kept on driving. The ironic part is that she lives less than a mile away from me.

slingblade

At what point during a customers racist diatribe does my obligation as an employee to remain silent end and my obligation as a human being to tell him to shut the friend///k up begin?

Had a sig required pkg for a white trash hillbilly today. I'd never been there before, his dog was barking at me, so I offered it a biscuit. The hillbilly told me not to give it a biscuit because he wanted to keep it "mean enough so it would bite those :censored2: Mexicans" that had the audacity to be doing farm work for minimum wage in the filbert orchard across the road from his home. He them went on a racist rant that I wont share here while I stood and waited for him to sign the DIAD. I'm white, so his comments werent directed at me personally, but I still found them offensive and it took all the willpower I had to keep my mouth shut and act polite instead of confronting him about his hateful ignorance.

Sent using BrownCafe App

You called the man a white trash hillbilly then complain about him talking about the mexicans?

I know i get upset when I see someone eating crackers. could you imagine the cain people would raise if there was a food named after the N word....:)

slingblade

Droppin the N word dude, just aint cool. One of my best friends is black and trust me hes a cool :censored2: dude. Hard enough in this country still to this day being black I aint going to sugar coat it 1 bit. Theres people off all different races that are utter garbage as human beings. But on a funny note he always sais to me and we will use the N word, he drops the er from the word at the end and adds an a to it and sais waz up n gga. That's funny and I guess in a way that means he respects me and has a good friend in me. That's how I take it anyway lol. That's my boy I love that dude lol.

do you get mad at him when he uses the N word? Since it aint cool?

slingblade

Why not just use his ridiculous rant as a reason to take his package back, sheet as refused to sign? Sure he'll call and complain. Probably have to endure 25 minutes of customer service run around and 24 hours later have another opportunity to behave in a civilized manner. What's the worst that could happen? I understand you are there to do a job. That job really doesn't include listening to the racist rants of idiots. Said customer probably won't see the error of his views, but he probably will learn that you aren't his sounding board for idiocy.

where does it say we are allowed to judge the character of a customer before we decide to deliver the package? delivering to slime balls and bigots is part of the job

bbsam

Staff member
where does it say we are allowed to judge the character of a customer before we decide to deliver the package? delivering to slime balls and bigots is part of the job
Yes. Delivering to slime balls is part of the job. Allowing slim balls to occupy an excessive amount of UPS'/sober's time is not. It isn't the content of the rant but the time it takes up. That's our story and we're sticking to it.:)

toonertoo

Most Awesome Dog
Staff member
Tooner may be a woman and if so, she knows what he was feeling even if he did not.
I know the feeling, I dont like being scared or threatened, and I wont give them the pleasure of knowing they scared/threatened me. Then I would have to kick his butt, or his dog. Or both. then I would be in big trouble. :baseballplayer:Dont irk the tooner. Thanks phothog

1BROWNWRENCH

Amatuer Malthusian
Yea I've bought it more than once and I used to have a stash that my wife found a couple of times. She let it be known the last time there will be no moonshine in this house. She won.
My overly ambitious great grandmother inadvertently blew up my great grandfather's stash when she decided to burn the stump he had it stashed in.:biting:

White Line

Yep customers and the stuff they say, ask or do was one of the motivating factors that got me to transfer to linehaul from P&D, wether it was bulk deliveries or pickups, the racist comments, the what is it?, who's it from? yada,yada,yada, yeah I haven't heard that rubbish for 9 years now and it's great, just me and the truck and the same meet driver I meet every night that's it, I would say go feeders but I know everybody's life style is different and family time is important, but it worked for me.

Rainman

Its all good.
I run across people like the hillbilly occasionally, bit I just ignore it and go about my business. I'm not going to let somebody's ignorant comments screw up my day. Like most people commenting have said, you're not going to change them, so why should I let it get my blood pressure up? I can't control what they say or do but I can control my actions and reactions to it. Why should I let their comments bother me when 2 minutes after I'm gone they've already forgotten about it themselves?

Sent using BrownCafe App

Wally

BrownCafe Innovator & King of Puns
Don't think you can use the term "Hillbilly" anymore. I believe "Mountain population of Scott-Irish extraction" is the going term.

slingblade

Yep customers and the stuff they say, ask or do was one of the motivating factors that got me to transfer to linehaul from P&D, wether it was bulk deliveries or pickups, the racist comments, the what is it?, who's it from? yada,yada,yada, yeah I haven't heard that rubbish for 9 years now and it's great, just me and the truck and the same meet driver I meet every night that's it, I would say go feeders but I know everybody's life style is different and family time is important, but it worked for me.

you dont listen to the CB radio? lot more crap on there then what you hear from the customers.