Racist customers

upscat

Don't think you can use the term "Hillbilly" anymore. I believe "Mountain population of Scott-Irish extraction" is the going term.

obviously a tongue in cheek comment but it does highlight that anyone can find a reason to be offended if they so choose. World will be a better place when we stop playing "caught ya" and finding reasons to be offended by what people say.

oldstagg

At what point during a customers racist diatribe does my obligation as an employee to remain silent end and my obligation as a human being to tell him to shut the friend///k up begin?

Had a sig required pkg for a white trash hillbilly today. I'd never been there before, his dog was barking at me, so I offered it a biscuit. The hillbilly told me not to give it a biscuit because he wanted to keep it "mean enough so it would bite those :censored2: Mexicans" that had the audacity to be doing farm work for minimum wage in the filbert orchard across the road from his home. He them went on a racist rant that I wont share here while I stood and waited for him to sign the DIAD. I'm white, so his comments werent directed at me personally, but I still found them offensive and it took all the willpower I had to keep my mouth shut and act polite instead of confronting him about his hateful ignorance.

Sent using BrownCafe App

I long ago came to the realization that while offended I will not be able to fix the many misguided souls I meet in my travels.

satellitedriver

My overly ambitious great grandmother inadvertently blew up my great grandfather's stash when she decided to burn the stump he had it stashed in.:biting:
What a great family story, to be able to pass down.
A whole short story in a sentence.
Granny was shocked,
Grandpa was pissed,
and the family has had a great story to laugh about for the last century.

White Line

you dont listen to the CB radio? lot more crap on there then what you hear from the customers.
No not really, and the C.B. is pretty quiet on the road I run on, everyone is doing the same thing including myself, listening to their Sirius radios, but your right because the run I used to be on, there was some characters out there on base stations as well as trucks, I used to do the amped radio thing, but I was younger and it just got old, especially because of the reasons you mentioned, anymore I just turn it on during bad weather to find out how the passes look, or if traffic comes to a stop which is rare on my run to find out what's going on, basically what it comes down to is that the C.B. has a off and on switch, the customer doesn't.

Last edited:

Future

Victory Ride
At what point during a customers racist diatribe does my obligation as an employee to remain silent end and my obligation as a human being to tell him to shut the friend///k up begin?

Had a sig required pkg for a white trash hillbilly today. I'd never been there before, his dog was barking at me, so I offered it a biscuit. The hillbilly told me not to give it a biscuit because he wanted to keep it "mean enough so it would bite those :censored2: Mexicans" that had the audacity to be doing farm work for minimum wage in the filbert orchard across the road from his home. He them went on a racist rant that I wont share here while I stood and waited for him to sign the DIAD. I'm white, so his comments werent directed at me personally, but I still found them offensive and it took all the willpower I had to keep my mouth shut and act polite instead of confronting him about his hateful ignorance.

Sent using BrownCafe App
Who cares what the customer believes or says......We deliver boxes....we are not Gods out there to right the world of wrong or right...move along!

1BROWNWRENCH

Amatuer Malthusian
About as good is the time she freaked out when she saw a rat in the house and blew a hole in the outside wall with the 12 gauge!:happy-very: I would like to try some bona fide Moonshine just to experience the Americana.

bottomups

Bad Moon Risen'
Don't think you can use the term "Hillbilly" anymore. I believe "Mountain population of Scott-Irish extraction" is the going term.
I have a relocated mountain man of Scott-Irish extraction on my route. Moved up here from Kentucky a few years back when discharged from the service with a disability. One of the most generous people on my route. Runs a still behind his garage and you can bet that a couple weeks after I deliver his 200lbs of sugar and corn that a bottle of white lightning will be waiting for me on the next delivery. Have a freezer shelf loaded with some of the saltiest southern ham and pork jowl bacon.

soberups

Pees in the brown Koolaid
As satisfying as it would be for me to tell that customer to go copulate with himself, its not going to make the situation any better.

Instead, I have decided that if he starts in with his BS again I will interrupt him and say "sir, I am truly sorry for whatever happened in your life that made you so hateful and cruel. I am going to pray that you find the peace and happiness that you obviously lack." I will then walk away. If he chooses to call in and complain, I will accept the warning letter with a smile and have any future deliveries for him put in will call.

Sent using BrownCafe App