radiation

klein

Für Meno :)
Moreluck, you can be just as pro active like Ann Coulter.
And I don't care if they bulid more nuclear plants in your neighborhood.

But, they wanted to bulid one here in Alberta, and I'm totally against it.
We don't need a nuclear plant for 3 million people !
All they want to do is sell excess electricity to California.
We already sell enough natural resources to the US.

And I hope the majority of Albertans stand up, and oppose to the plans of building one.
Sofar there is none anywhere west of Ontario from us (over 2000 miles away), and I sure hope western Canada stays that way !

If Ann Coulter likes radiation that much, she can go into chemo therapy and get a few doses of radiation. I'm sure she won't mind going bald, and even skinnier.

moreluck

golden ticket member
chemo therapy....radiation ???? You need to do some reading.
Chemotherapy is the systemic (whole body) treatment of cancer with anticancer drugs.

We have 3 million people just in Orange county !! I'm all for nuclear power. Just don't build them on known faults.

The Other Side

Well-Known Troll
Troll
Moreluck,

You should try and depend on science and the evidence supporting radioactive fallout rather than merely risking your life for a radical right wing nut case and fox news.

I would say more, but I dont think you would get it, so I wont waste my time.

Peace.

klein

They make great targets, too, if another country ever bombs you. Maybe something, Bin Laden forgot ????

If it ever came to a nasty war, you could bet on it, that A-Bombs will be hitting Nuclear Plants !

And where does California put all their nuclear waste ? I don't know, but it does last for hundreds of years.

Babagounj

Strength through joy
but klein, you hardly spend any time in Alberta, with all your " vacations " . So why should you care if it's built or not ?

moreluck

golden ticket member
They make great targets, too, if another country ever bombs you. Maybe something, Bin Laden forgot ????

If it ever came to a nasty war, you could bet on it, that A-Bombs will be hitting Nuclear Plants !

And where does California put all their nuclear waste ? I don't know, but it does last for hundreds of years.

I think Nevada is our nuclear dump....but I'm not sure.

klein

chemo therapy....radiation ???? You need to do some reading.
Chemotherapy is the systemic (whole body) treatment of cancer with anticancer drugs.

odd, just as I read this, I was watching the local news here.
The worlds longest hockey game was just completed in Edmonton - They raised $1 Million dollars.
That money will be going towards a cancer treatment radiation machine in the Cancer Clinic here.

I was lucky enough (sofar), to never go thru such treatment, but I do know it kills body cells.

moreluck

golden ticket member
Radiation for cancer treatment is totally different than chemo therapy for cancer treatment.

I never experienced radiation treatment, but I had a year of chemo therapy & the baldness that goes with it.

The Other Side

Well-Known Troll
Troll
moreluck,

FOX news and its am radio affiliates (CLEARCHANNEL) are doing there best to say "nothing to see here, dont believe the hype", yet the situation at the 6 reactor plant in Japan gets worse every hour.

The head of TEMPCO has said that water underground in concrete passageways has levels of over 1000 millisieverts an hour that are away from the reactor. Now, Chenobyl, at its peak of disaster released only 350 millisieverts an hour and contaminated over 120 thousand kilometers. You as a human can only be exposed in a year to 100 millisieverts and considered safe.

Symptom benchmarks

Symptoms of acute radiation (within one day):[19]
  • 0 – 0.25 Sv (0 – 250 mSv): None
  • 0.25 – 1 Sv (250 – 1000 mSv): Some people feel nausea and loss of appetite; bone marrow, lymph nodes, spleen damaged.
  • 1 – 3 Sv (1000 – 3000 mSv): Mild to severe nausea, loss of appetite, infection; more severe bone marrow, lymph node, spleen damage; recovery probable, not assured.
  • 3 – 6 Sv (3000 – 6000 mSv): Severe nausea, loss of appetite; hemorrhaging, infection, diarrhea, peeling of skin, sterility; death if untreated.
  • 6 – 10 Sv (6000 – 10000 mSv): Above symptoms plus central nervous system impairment; death expected.
  • Above 10 Sv (10000 mSv): Incapacitation and death.
In the begining, the Japanese were saying to the world that radiation levels were small and no threat to the public existed. Each day since, its been one step closer to a castastrophy.

Those interested parties in the United States (nuclear lobbyists) have decended upon the republican party and its mouthpiece FOX News Corp to downplay the risks to americans even though a legitimate risk to americans is begining to show.

The ocean is contaminated with levels way higher than the Japanese are reporting.

What is it going to take Moreluck for you to believe that this reactor accident is something that you should take seriously?? What do you need to experience personally before you are willing to accept that there is a danger to americans?

The problem with radiation and our experts, is that they really do not know what will happen or how it happens when radioactive particles (isotopes) enter our atmosphere and travel thousands of miles. It is an invisible enemy to humans.

The only marker that will show what is real is TIME. 20 years from now when cancers to humans scar the landscape like they did after all the above ground nuclear bomb tests in america in the 40"s and 50"s will you probably believe there was a risk.

Splitting a hair on risk by talk radio and Fox news is a danger to YOU directly.

Radioactive rain from japan is appearing over the United States and that rain goes into our crops, fields , cows, milk, chickens, eggs and the like. If you eat these things over time, you will be exposed to radiation in levels that will directly enter you body and stay there.

If a castastrophic explosion happens at reactor 4, massive radioactive fallout will enter the atmosphere and arrive on the west coast in a couple of days hitting your home first at you are on the coast.

Once reactor 4 blows up, there will be NO WAY to reach or manage the other 5 reactors on site and those too will blow up releasing lethal levels of radiation never seen by mankind.

Not all the reactors have the same kind of radiation in them. Some are plutonium, some contain cobalt and others are storage.

I am not saying to panic, or go out and buy a radiation suit, but I am saying to do some research, learn, understand and dont rely on some am radio blowhard to tell you everything is fine.

The TEMPCO head has asked for official help today from the french as he knows he has lost control of the degredation of the nuclear plant.

This should scare you.

Peace.

over9five

Staff member
in Mass...........

I was reading this article where they tested the water in the Quabbin Reservoir. They said they found radioiodine radiation levels, but the levels were so low they were "below detection".

Huh???? Then how did they find it??

The Other Side

Well-Known Troll
Troll
Hey TOS...are you a big fan of Media Matters and Soros?

HEY LUCIFER,

I am a fan of knowledge, not political BS like FOX, RUSH and every other right wingnut spewing bad information about this reactor plant.

You want to debate radiation, then post something knowledgeable. Otherwise, keep listening to beck and the fox family of knuckleheads.

Peace.

p.s. Becks contract with fox expires in december this year, fox is not going to renew his contract and we can all kiss that blowhard goodbye from cable airwaves. THANK YOU LORD!

Lue C Fur

Evil member
HEY LUCIFER,

I am a fan of knowledge, (Media Matters, Soro's, MSNBC, Maddow, Mathews, etc...yup.) not political BS like FOX, RUSH and every other right wingnut spewing bad information about this reactor plant.

You want to debate radiation, then post something knowledgeable. Not debating radiation...its not good for you and thats all i need to know. Otherwise, keep listening to beck and the fox family of knuckleheads. They really scare you lefties dont they. LOL

Peace. Peace to you.:peaceful:

p.s. Becks contract with fox expires in december this year, fox is not going to renew his contract and we can all kiss that blowhard goodbye from cable airwaves. What happens if he stays...what will you do then? :scared: THANK YOU LORD! For what...he has not done anything yet.[/QUOTE]

moreluck

golden ticket member
"......am a fan of knowledge, (Media Matters, Soro's, MSNBC, Maddow, Mathews, etc...yup.) ...."

The Maddow and the Matthews explains a lot !!!