Radios and the current contract.

baklava

I don’t work at UPS anymore.
I searched the forum, but all threads pertained to old contract language.

Section 8. Radios

Radios will be allowed in package cars. Such radios shall not inhibit the driver’s view, nor shall they be unsecured.

("Transistor" is now struck from the language.)

Based on the current language, does anyone see a problem here? This has become a topic of discussion in my center and I'd like to get some outside opinions.

ImageUploadedByBrownCafe1427834965.901970.jpg

baklava

Our management team told us that radios must go in the back and are not allowed in the cab, period. That didn't over well. I'm telling guys that if they mount their radios just like I do that they are doing nothing wrong and to grieve for harassment if told otherwise.

Last edited:
F

FrigidAdCorrector

BigUnionGuy

Got the T-Shirt
Section 8. Radios

Radios will be allowed in package cars. Such radios shall not inhibit the driver’s view, nor shall they be unsecured.

Based on the current language, does anyone see a problem here?

Not a problem.

Our management team told us that radios must go in the back and are not allowed in the cab, period. That didn't over well. I'm telling guys that if they mount their radios just like I do that they are doing nothing wrong and to grieve for harassment if told otherwise.

File a grievance for violation.... of the "agreed to" language.

Adding in a harassment claim, can't hurt.

Don't wait, for the other guys to do it.

Do it yourself.

-Bug-

baklava

Not a problem.

File a grievance for violation.... of the "agreed to" language.

Adding in a harassment claim, can't hurt.

Don't wait, for the other guys to do it.

Do it yourself.

-Bug-

I personally haven't been :censored2: with about my radio, aside from being told in a PCM that it goes in the back of the truck.

I wish they would try though, I won't hesitate to grieve.

I personally haven't been :censored2: with about my radio, aside from being told in a PCM that it goes in the back of the truck.

I wish they would try though, I won't hesitate to grieve.
They already did when they instructed you at the pcm. That is when you and your boys should have told them that it's a in the contract and if that was their stance you will be filing a grievance over the issue.

Bubblehead

My Senior Picture
They already did when they instructed you at the pcm. That is when you and your boys should have told them that it's a in the contract and if that was their stance you will be filing a grievance over the issue.

Personally and with all due respect, if we grieved everything they "said" in a PCM that we didn't agree with, the panel would be swimming with interp grievances.

I usually wait until they actually try to make that poop stick to the wall to grieve.
Until they try and take real discipline and someone isn't "whole", why grieve it?

Ask the panel in our state and you'll likely end up with "half a baby".

Personally and with all due respect, if we grieved everything they "said" in a PCM that we didn't agree with, the panel would be swimming with interp grievances.

I usually wait until they actually try to make that poop stick to the wall to grieve.
Until they try and take real discipline and someone isn't "whole", why grieve it?

That's how the process unfolded in my local was also decided in our favor. Then again we don't have to wait two years to hear grievances at my local.

Last edited by a moderator:

Wally

BrownCafe Innovator & King of Puns
We got a pcm not to hot wire radios after the last truck fire. Right after, there they were, hooking up their radios outside the building.

5habits100

If they told you something in a PCM that violated the CBA you should file on it. That's the beauty of being in a union you can file and make them answer for it, get clarification or a decision.