Rain gear not supplied for drivers?

upser1978

Why doesn't UPS supply rain coats for it's drivers.. A few guys at my center have some from like 10 years ago? Any reason for this? Or is there a place we can buy some on the Upsers site?

UPSGUY72

Why doesn't UPS supply rain coats for it's drivers.. A few guys at my center have some from like 10 years ago? Any reason for this? Or is there a place we can buy some on the Upsers site?

The windbreaker / coat they give you is waterproof and in the winter you can put a liner in it when it get cold.. It's called dual purpose.

scratch

Least Best Moderator
Staff member
The jacket is only good for a little while in a light rain, I use an umbrella in the heavy stuff. I had a Helper for the first time Wednesday, he was even better!!!

Notretiredyet

My guess is cost, I've got one of those old Goretex raincoats and it cost over $150 years ago. Back then we were given sales lead money that could only be used for items in a UPS catalog. The center manager hates it and told me I couldn't wear it anymore cause it didn't have the new logo on it, so I glued a new logo off a worn out sock on it. When I retire I plan to give to one of the younger drivers.

Last edited:

Re-Raise

My guess is cost, I've got one of those old Goretex raincoats and it cost over $150 years ago. Back then we were given sales lead money that could only be used for items in a UPS catalog. The center manager hates it and told me I couldn't wear it anymore cause it didn't have the new logo on it, so I glued a new logo off a worn out sock on it. When I retire I plan to give to one of the younger drivers.

i call dibs.

tourists24

I have never gotten wet while wearing the jacket.

Im glad to hear that for ya..... Ive always gotten wet if it rains harder than a sprinkle for more than 30 minutes. And if it rains crazy hard I break out my big yellow rain coat.... everyone calls me the Gorton fisherman...lol

UPSGUY72

The jacket is only good for a little while in a light rain, I use an umbrella in the heavy stuff. I had a Helper for the first time Wednesday, he was even better!!!

An umbrella and I though only the Fed Ex people did that. How does that umbrella work when you have to use two hands to hold a package or when you open a does to put a package on a porch in in a breezeway.

Bubblehead

My Senior Picture
I have never gotten wet while wearing the jacket.

It has a rubberized coating on the inside of it that breaks down after a short period of time.
This breakdown is accelerated if your dry it in the dryer.
I wear a lightweight nylon raincoat with vented armpits.
It's black and I am sure it is not approved, but I wear it anyway.

Dracula

Package Car is cake compared to this...
Because they would cost the company $1.50 a driver. Then we would go out of business. The money is better spent giving Scott Davis a $13 million bonus for his terribly, terribly hard work.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

I still have the raincoat that I bought 23 years ago. The zipper doesn't always work right and the part that covers the inside seams has started falling out but it keeps me a lot drier than the shell upsguy swears is waterproof.

Umbrella? Really?

728ups

All Trash No Trailer

GS told me you HATE helpers and they always had to force one on you,he said you gave them fits haha