Rain Jacket

8 Hour Day

I sometimes carry an umbrella in on rainy days and loudly complain about how hard it is to manipulate a DR bag while holding an umbrella.

I don't actually use the stupid thing on route, but get a kick out of the thought of a supe driving around in the rain to catch me.

Now that I think of it, I have a new supe fresh from training...

Covemastah

Hoopah drives the boat Chief !!
I sometimes carry an umbrella in on rainy days and loudly complain about how hard it is to manipulate a DR bag while holding an umbrella.

I don't actually use the stupid thing on route, but get a kick out of the thought of a supe driving around in the rain to catch me.

Omg. !! Are you a chick !!

Billy Ray

God, help us all.....
This will probably be a futile attempt to get this thread back on track, but I was reading today that Jos. A Bank and Men's Warehouse, (which own that wonderful uniform company that we know as Twin Hill) is having financial difficulty and is shutting hundreds of stores down. Apparently, there aren't enough wealthy people left to keep them in business. If you want any quality Twin Hill uniforms, you might want to get your order in as soon as possible.

No thanks, I'm good. I have enough uniforms on hand to get me to the finish line.

After that, my uniform each day will be faded jeans and a white t-shirt.

underworked1

Manager gave me :censored2: today becaue he caught me wearing a non-issued rain jacket. Well the rain jackets they issue us suck. They aren't waterproof. They are heavy and too this for summer or spring and they don't even have a hood. Why can't we get a single layer packable rain jacket with a hood and pit zips. Something like this.

https://www.thenorthface.com/shop/mens-jackets-vests-rainwear/mens-venture-jacket-3?variationId=EWM
If it's raining hard call in and tell them you are not delivering until you get the tools to do your job. Which is a rain jacket. We had a driver do it once. Sat 2 hours. And they didn't do a :censored2:ing thing to him. If you got the balls to test your Job like that lol. I don't.

underworked1

Poor guy. Hell hath no furry like a Pissed off driver
Most drivers I talk to just want the option to have other uniform choices such as a UPS fleece, a long sleeve drifit polo, a rain jacket or a golf style jacket even if they have to pay for it themselves. I'm a tall guy none of the jackets fit. The bomber jacket is way too short in the waist and sleeve length. I can't even button the sleeves on my longsleeve shirts. they want us to look professional and I get that. But there are more options that would look just fine. We aren't living in the 60's and 70's anymore...time to move on UPS
Our brand is how we look. All drivers look the same, it's brand recognition just like the brown truck. Fed ex looks slouchy. Guys with nasty ass beards and pony tails. They cut us no slack on dress and appearance because people will abuse it. People like olroadbeech would come strolling in with her saggy tits hanging out. Imagine the disgust on the customers' faces.

Buster 554

I hate to actually suggest something that works after reading this thread, but the waterproofing spray for tents will actually waterproof your boonie and rain jacket. On the down side, now all insread of most of the watter will run down yor ask crack.