Raingear?

gman042

Been around the block a few times
Because I am not really impressed with what UPS provides to keep us dry.
The outer shell of the jacket gets soaked and does not shed water at all.
What are some options?

scooby0048

This page left intentionally blank
Because I am not really impressed with what UPS provides to keep us dry.
The outer shell of the jacket gets soaked and does not shed water at all.
What are some options?
This what I use...
39d2c3dcb5fb305c2f4c36195d96f15f.jpg

barnyard

KTM rider
I wash my rain jacket kind of regularly with Tech Wash or ReVive. The stuff for cleaning gore tex. Seems to help with light to steady rain.

rod

Retired 22 years
There isn't anything you could wear that would keep you dry (and comfortable) if its really raining. I used to hide out in my truck and sort my load (or have a cigarette) while waiting for the storm to pass. Worked for me.

Driveslayer

I had the same issues working in Florida with everyday afternoon showers and the the water repellant jacket getting soaked. I started wearing my blue Gore-Tex jacket and center manager told me it was not allowed due to uniform code. I took pics of my water soaked Ups jacked, then filed grievances only as a necessary step. I then complained to OSHA and to the Ups hotline. The resolution: I can now wear my blue Gore-Tex jacket. In the end, Ups does not want to spend any money on more expensive jackets to provide for safety, our health and well being. A big part of our job is working in bad weather and Ups won't provide us with clothing to protect us. Working in a water soaked jacked can cause many health issues. Now let's say you do not have a fully waterproof jacket of your own, then Ups would have to provide you with one. They will always try and pass off a new water repellant jacket to you. Follow the same steps I did. Take pictures, File grievance, complain to ups hotline and file a complaint to OSHA. It takes time and aggravation, but in the end it's a great feeling to win against big brown. Ups would rather you be miserable and get sick then provide protection for us against the elements. Don't be bullied!!