Raise In A Couple of Weeks!

Overpaid Union Thug

I'm so excited about the final raise of the contract. Should be around $0.475 and will put those of us that aren't in progression at $32+/hour. This should help everyone boost their savings, investments, or just have a little extra change in their pockets. Oh wait... the raise won't even cover the lost wages from the tax increase Obama slapped on us. So, it won't even be an increase at all in that regard.

Well, better than nothing right?

728ups

All Trash No Trailer
why is everyone so surprised the FICA tax went up? The Tax Relief, Unemployment Insurance Re-authorization and Job Creation Act of 2010 was only meant to be a Two Year Stimulus Plan. In a rare show of Bipartisanship BOTH the President AND Congress felt this stimulus plan should only last 2 years,and the economy was too fragile to extend it beyond two years and only a one year reduction of FICA from 6.2% to 4.2% was authorized.
My financial planner had me raise my investments 2% last year to take advantage of it.
This as all over the news this time last year,again i dont understand why so many people are so uninformed

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
why is everyone so surprised the FICA tax went up? The Tax Relief, Unemployment Insurance Re-authorization and Job Creation Act of 2010 was only meant to be a Two Year Stimulus Plan. In a rare show of Bipartisanship BOTH the President AND Congress felt this stimulus plan should only last 2 years,and the economy was too fragile to extend it beyond two years and only a one year reduction of FICA from 6.2% to 4.2% was authorized.
My financial planner had me raise my investments 2% last year to take advantage of it.
This as all over the news this time last year,again i dont understand why so many people are so uninformed

All anyone pays attention
To is the final number on their paychecks that's why.

tourists24

well I will ask you too then... are you ok with your tax hike?

Buck Fifty

Not that I have a particular choice on the FICA hike, but if it keeps SS around another 30 40 years or so, so be it !!!

728ups

All Trash No Trailer
well I will ask you too then... are you ok with your tax hike?
the taxes went back to the normal rate I have paid for years<shrug> It isnt a 'hike' per se.
again,I guess because I knew the reduction was only for one year i'm fine with it. I increased my net worth with the reduction

Ms.PacMan

so why was it put in place to begin with?
It was a form of stimulus, like when we got $400 from GW. So many people just saved that money though that they thought they would try a stimulus plan where people would get the money slower and not be so aware of it and actually spend it.

tourists24

It was a form of stimulus, like when we got $400 from GW. So many people just saved that money though that they thought they would try a stimulus plan where people would get the money slower and not be so aware of it and actually spend it.
so the stimulus is over now huh?

tourists24

the taxes went back to the normal rate I have paid for years<shrug> It isnt a 'hike' per se.
again,I guess because I knew the reduction was only for one year i'm fine with it. I increased my net worth with the reduction
so you wouldnt like to continue with a lower tax rate? Bottomsup is happy his went up

bottomups

Bad Moon Risen'
hmmm.... glad you are.... my how people dont mind at certain times and are furious at other times.... maybe you'd like to pick up my portion then....
The Bush tax cuts were only temporary also so why did he bother? Along your line of reasoning, why don't you send the treasury some extra cash to reflect the Clinton era tax rates?
The Executive Branch (Obama) cannot raise your taxes. He can only sign any bill that the Senate and House of Reps sends to him. Do not recall hearing the House pushing to extend the Payroll Tax Holiday.

tourists24

The Bush tax cuts were only temporary also so why did he bother? Along your line of reasoning, why don't you send the treasury some extra cash to reflect the Clinton era tax rates?
The Executive Branch (Obama) cannot raise your taxes. He can only sign any bill that the Senate and House of Reps sends to him. Do not recall hearing the House pushing to extend the Payroll Tax Holiday.
Why are you so hellbent on worrying about which party or politician is responsible for raising your taxes? I personally just want my lower period.... You are the one that said you were ok with yours going back up