Raise+retro=more stops

DSM515

It's kinda been a on going joke between drivers in my building for the last few years that every year when we got our raise our stop count also got a raise, well I am a true believer now. My stop count went up this week for no reason and was in the red all week. Has anyone else experienced this also this week?

jumpman23

Oh Yeah
Got news for ya its only going to get worse. Within the next 5 years its going to be a 60 hour work week instead of a 40 hour work week, mark my words on that 1. Its already normal for us to be working 50 to 55 now so its going to be a 8 to 8 or 9 to 9 job everyday in the near future, youll see. Youll start seeing 175 to 200 stops a day as the norm, oh yeah its coming so don't be scared. Instead of a regular :censored2: whoopin everyday like it is now its going to be a super :censored2: whoopin everyday.

oldngray

nowhere special
It's kinda been a on going joke between drivers in my building for the last few years that every year when we got our raise our stop count also got a raise, well I am a true believer now. My stop count went up this week for no reason and was in the red all week. Has anyone else experienced this also this week?

The ops is a cost sheet, not a performance sheet. So every time you get a raise UPS costs increase so your time allowance decreases. Eventually it gets to ludicrous numbers (which most routes have now).

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

Got news for ya its only going to get worse. Within the next 5 years its going to be a 60 hour work week instead of a 40 hour work week, mark my words on that 1. Its already normal for us to be working 50 to 55 now so its going to be a 8 to 8 or 9 to 9 job everyday in the near future, youll see. Youll start seeing 175 to 200 stops a day as the norm, oh yeah its coming so don't be scared. Instead of a regular :censored2: whoopin everyday like it is now its going to be a super :censored2: whoopin everyday.

Yawn.

superballs63

Well-Known Troll
Troll
If ups gives you a number you don't like (12 hour days), give them a number they don't like (9.5).

Sent using BrownCafe App

They don't care about 9.5 anymore. Hell, all it seems that they care about is getting pickup pieces back before the air trailer pulls off.

It's easier money than anything, but it's still a joke.

Johney

Apparently not in the BOG.

3 done 3 to go

In control of own destiny

This will be fine with me. Pension based on your highest 3 yrs earned. If they want to give it. I'll be smiling. Easy money

alwaysoverallowed

They don't care about 9.5 anymore. Hell, all it seems that they care about is getting pickup pieces back before the air trailer pulls off.

It's easier money than anything, but it's still a joke.

You're right the company doesn't care about 9.5 so it wouldn't surprise me if they had us working the most they are legally allowed before the end of this contract.

Indecisi0n

You're right when you say they don't care about 9.5's. Based on that fact you're an idiot for not filing and passing on a few extra hundreds of dollars each week.

superballs63

Well-Known Troll
Troll
You're right when you say they don't care about 9.5's. Based on that fact you're an idiot for not filing and passing on a few extra hundreds of dollars each week.

As an unassigned cover driver I haven't been allowed to file until the contract went into effect, and I've not filed yet, how about you know someone's situation before calling them names for not filing? Thanks Billy

Dr.Brownz

Supposedly long weekends equals more people buying :censored2: online. I went out with 165+ stops on a route that usually gets about 110. Being a cover driver sucks but :censored2: it they can pay me for the 11.5 hours I worked

jumpman23

Oh Yeah
Stop counts go up when these freakin idiots are always understaffed, same shiznitt everyday with these azzclowns. I just take em to the cleaners when they put too much work on them. 1 night last week I punched out at 10 and 2 nights I punched out at 930. No mercy on them when they play stupidazz games lol.