Raise+retro=more stops

Discussion in 'UPS Union Issues' started by DSM515, May 30, 2014.

1. DSM515

DSM515 Member

It's kinda been a on going joke between drivers in my building for the last few years that every year when we got our raise our stop count also got a raise, well I am a true believer now. My stop count went up this week for no reason and was in the red all week. Has anyone else experienced this also this week?

2. jumpman23

jumpman23 Oh Yeah

Got news for ya its only going to get worse. Within the next 5 years its going to be a 60 hour work week instead of a 40 hour work week, mark my words on that 1. Its already normal for us to be working 50 to 55 now so its going to be a 8 to 8 or 9 to 9 job everyday in the near future, youll see. Youll start seeing 175 to 200 stops a day as the norm, oh yeah its coming so don't be scared. Instead of a regular :censored2: whoopin everyday like it is now its going to be a super :censored2: whoopin everyday.

3. UPS WORKHORSE

UPS WORKHORSE Member

If ups gives you a number you don't like (12 hour days), give them a number they don't like (9.5).

Sent using BrownCafe App

• Agree Agree x 5
    • Like Like x 4
    • Winner Winner x 4
    • List
  4. oldngray

oldngray nowhere special

The ops is a cost sheet, not a performance sheet. So every time you get a raise UPS costs increase so your time allowance decreases. Eventually it gets to ludicrous numbers (which most routes have now).

5. UpstateNYUPSer

UpstateNYUPSer Very proud grandfather.

Yawn.

6. UpstateNYUPSer

What about the annual rate increases?

7. oldngray

oldngray nowhere special

I don't know details but a guy who used to work in IE told me that a long time ago.

8. superballs63

superballs63 Well-Known Troll Troll

They don't care about 9.5 anymore. Hell, all it seems that they care about is getting pickup pieces back before the air trailer pulls off.

It's easier money than anything, but it's still a joke.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • List
  9. Johney

Johney Raise your hand if you think Upstate is a D-Bag

Apparently not in the BOG.

10. 3 done 3 to go

3 done 3 to go In control of my own destiny

This will be fine with me. Pension based on your highest 3 yrs earned. If they want to give it. I'll be smiling. Easy money

11. alwaysoverallowed

alwaysoverallowed Active Member

You're right the company doesn't care about 9.5 so it wouldn't surprise me if they had us working the most they are legally allowed before the end of this contract.

12. superballs63

Then there are going to be a lot of rich ass delivery drivers. They might give feeder drivers a run for their $$

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • List
  13. Indecisi0n

Indecisi0n Well-Known Member

You're right when you say they don't care about 9.5's. Based on that fact you're an idiot for not filing and passing on a few extra hundreds of dollars each week.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • List
  14. superballs63

As an unassigned cover driver I haven't been allowed to file until the contract went into effect, and I've not filed yet, how about you know someone's situation before calling them names for not filing? Thanks Billy

15. Dr.Brownz

Dr.Brownz Well-Known Member

Supposedly long weekends equals more people buying :censored2: online. I went out with 165+ stops on a route that usually gets about 110. Being a cover driver sucks but :censored2: it they can pay me for the 11.5 hours I worked

16. alwaysoverallowed

alwaysoverallowed Active Member

No I have filed and the 9.5 grievances go away so some driver they fired can get his job back.

• Informative Informative x 1
    • List
  17. Thats alot of, sock money!.....just saying

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • List
  18. Corky_Calhoun

Corky_Calhoun New Member

I think your stop count going up has more to do with all the online holiday sales and the short week trying to play catch up.

19. UpstateNYUPSer

He is not talking about just this week ---the trend since 4/25 has been more stops per car .

20. jumpman23

jumpman23 Oh Yeah

Stop counts go up when these freakin idiots are always understaffed, same shiznitt everyday with these azzclowns. I just take em to the cleaners when they put too much work on them. 1 night last week I punched out at 10 and 2 nights I punched out at 930. No mercy on them when they play stupidazz games lol.