Raise that isn't a raise

TeamLift

So the contractors at my hub got their increases last meeting, what a joke. They threw a few extra pennies at them for stops and packages, then took part of their core charge back. The core charge is guaranteed money you make before even leaving the building based on how far away your route is from the terminal. Some guys make 50.00, some over a 100.00. The extra for stops can be more income, but only if the volume is there to support it.

It would be like if you make 25.00 an hour and your company pays your insurance, then they say, your getting a 3.00 an hour raise but now you have to pay part of your insurance yourself, when you do the math, that 3.00 raise might only be .37 cents. That's not a raise, that's getting jacked! They are always pulling this kind of crap. Maybe we should employ this kind of tactic, my first 20 stops will be delivered properly, the next two are set beside the mailbox. And don't think they don't have this down to a science, one contractor told me one of his routes pays 50 cents core charge. By the way, the cheapest candy bar in the machine is .85 cents.

STFXG

Core zones have decreased every year since I started. It's not based on just distance. When an area becomes more dense they decrease core zone. Have your routes not increased in revenue every year?

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
So the contractors at my hub got their increases last meeting, what a joke. They threw a few extra pennies at them for stops and packages, then took part of their core charge back. The core charge is guaranteed money you make before even leaving the building based on how far away your route is from the terminal. Some guys make 50.00, some over a 100.00. The extra for stops can be more income, but only if the volume is there to support it.

It would be like if you make 25.00 an hour and your company pays your insurance, then they say, your getting a 3.00 an hour raise but now you have to pay part of your insurance yourself, when you do the math, that 3.00 raise might only be .37 cents. That's not a raise, that's getting jacked! They are always pulling this kind of crap. Maybe we should employ this kind of tactic, my first 20 stops will be delivered properly, the next two are set beside the mailbox. And don't think they don't have this down to a science, one contractor told me one of his routes pays 50 cents core charge. By the way, the cheapest candy bar in the machine is .85 cents.

This is basic FedEx 101. Take it from those of us at Express who have seen it happening for quite awhile. Nothing is given without an equal or greater takeaway somewhere else, because Fred doesn't want to lose a single penny of profit that could go to him.

Cactus

Just telling it like it is
@Crozz

Ask Crozz. He's the one who said BIG raises are coming this way for Ground contractors. Seems like they got siphoned off and straight into Smith's pocket.

Crozz

Sounds like they are not using those profits to properly maintain the airplanes.
I don't know about you but a $170k raise on my line haul and a $25k raise on my P&D overall seems like a good deal to me. No one ever said that it's perfect but it's getting better. All the haters on express 5 years from now they will be wishing they jumped to the ground side. When every terminal has 5-10 contractors instead of 10-30 in a terminal things will change. Not every contractor needs to be a business man.

FedGT

@Crozz

Ask Crozz. He's the one who said BIG raises are coming this way for Ground contractors. Seems like they got siphoned off and straight into Smith's pocket.

I have all city routes so my core zone is worthless. Raises to me were over $1500 a month so I guess I can't complain.

vantexan

I don't know about you but a $170k raise on my line haul and a $25k raise on my P&D overall seems like a good deal to me. No one ever said that it's perfect but it's getting better. All the haters on express 5 years from now they will be wishing they jumped to the ground side. When every terminal has 5-10 contractors instead of 10-30 in a terminal things will change. Not every contractor needs to be a business man.
Why would we? FedEx pays us so well that we have loads of cash to invest in Ground routes but prefer to waste it instead.

Cactus

Just telling it like it is
All the haters on express 5 years from now they will be wishing they jumped to the ground side.
ROTFLMAO. Ground really has you buffaloed.

Buffalo-homepage.jpg

Last edited:

TeamLift

Great, then maybe some of you line haul guys could use that extra money to upgrade your trucks. Most of what I see at FedEx isn't fit to troll around the yard much less go out on the open road.

Crozz

Great, then maybe some of you line haul guys could use that extra money to upgrade your trucks. Most of what I see at FedEx isn't fit to troll around the yard much less go out on the open road.
Not my trucks 5 2015 freight liners and 2 2015 volvos

Bounty

Core zones have decreased every year since I started. It's not based on just distance. When an area becomes more dense they decrease core zone. Have your routes not increased in revenue every year?
Your working harder for less. It's like 3 card Monty. As long As the dummies are thinking they are making more the scam continues. Fools!!

FedGT

Your working harder for less. It's like 3 card Monty. As long As the dummies are thinking they are making more the scam continues. Fools!!

Yeah, I must be pretty dumb when I see my account jump up an extra $1500-1900 I thought that was a good thing. Damn wish I would have went to school to get that degree.

TeamLift

Not my trucks 5 2015 freight liners and 2 2015 volvos

I wouldn't brag too much about the freightliners, those and internationals are the worst trucks on the road, real cheap to buy though, one thing I do like about freightliners, is if you start off overloaded, you'll be fine by the time you get to the first scale house with all the pieces falling off. Mirrors on those things are useless, vibrate so bad you can't tell if its a highway patrol or a bread truck behind you, and now I know why, watched American Trucker and saw where a new freightliner comes off the line every 8 hours, by comparison a Toyota Camry takes like 20 some hours to make. Volvos ride great but expensive to repair.

FedGT

I wouldn't brag too much about the freightliners, those and internationals are the worst trucks on the road, real cheap to buy though, one thing I do like about freightliners, is if you start off overloaded, you'll be fine by the time you get to the first scale house with all the pieces falling off. Mirrors on those things are useless, vibrate so bad you can't tell if its a highway patrol or a bread truck behind you, and now I know why, watched American Trucker and saw where a new freightliner comes off the line every 8 hours, by comparison a Toyota Camry takes like 20 some hours to make. Volvos ride great but expensive to repair.

I don't know the last time you have priced out a freightliner but they are far from cheap. All mine run very well also

TeamLift

I don't know the last time you have priced out a freightliner but they are far from cheap. All mine run very well also

None are cheap per say, compared to Pa

None are cheap per say, but they are cheaper than anything else besides international

I bet they were a lot cheaper than those Volvos, and if you don't have to drive them their fine, just can't sleep with all the creeks and rattles

FedGT

Also to your point of coming off the assembly line 3 times faster than a Toyota. That is extremely easy to explain (if it is true in the first place) it is no where close to the same dynamic, think about all the luxuries, finishes, computers, gadgets, etc that they have to put in to a consumer vehicle to beat out the competitors. Now think about building an incomplete chassis that you only have to assemble a frame, cab, and drivetrain for people who need a work truck that is on par with every other manufacturer. Whole lot more to do in a Toyota than a chassis.