Raise

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

It was wise to forgo the raises. You should have heard the bellyaching at my center. All I could think was you guys are idiots. Somewhat of a an 'easy' fix. I say that because of the rate of pay that is already being paid. And , as you say, it will be a nice jump in 2013.

If guys are worried about a 40 cent raise they have much bigger issues.

Re-Raise

DSC_6825.JPG

Re-Raise getting ready to Re-Raise
DSC_6825.JPG

old levi's

blank space
I'm proud to have a job, and I'm glad for any raise that comes along.
I'm thankful to see the sun come up each morning..................

Re-Raise

You look like Christy Mattewson

Had to look that one up.. I thought you were saying I looked like some Christy girl.

I am comfortable at the table wearing all brown for some reason. The picture was taken at a wsop circuit tournament on a day when the Cards beat the Phillies this fall.

Packmule

I don't care if I get another raise for years. What I want is a less vindictive company and a little more job security because of it. Whatever money they can get should go straight towards shoring up pension funds which the IBT nearly destroyed.

Re-Raise

I don't care if I get another raise for years. What I want is a less vindictive company and a little more job security because of it. Whatever money they can get should go straight towards shoring up pension funds which the IBT nearly destroyed.

I ll take the counter point here. Why would I want to trust more of my compensation to shore up the pension fund which you say the IBT nearly destroyed? To use a poker term, that is like throwing good money after bad.

I trust myself with my pay more than I trust the union, government, or anyone else for that matter.

Last edited:

upstateny

You guys should feel lucky that the pay raises are going toward your paycheck. Here in Upstate NY our split raises for the duration of this contract are being diverted to shore up our underfunded Pension Fund.

On the bright side it will be quite a jump when we go back to top rate in Aug. 2013.:happy2:

upstateny

This is the first I heard of us going back to top rate in Aug. 2013. I thought those raises were gone forever. Can someone in Upstate NY confirm that we get those raise back.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

This is the first I heard of us going back to top rate in Aug. 2013. I thought those raises were gone forever. Can someone in Upstate NY confirm that we get those raise back.

I am from Upstate NY and I can confirm this. Our split raises for the duration of this contract are being diverted to the pension fund. When the new contract is ratified and the financials kick in any FT driver who has gone through progression will be at whatever the top rate will be at that time.

cascadehops

what is everyone making an hour? call me naive in not knowing if everyone makes the same rate. I'm in washington state and make $32.05 and hour now. over $48 for ot.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

I am from Upstate NY and I can confirm this. Our split raises for the duration of this contract are being diverted to the pension fund. When the new contract is ratified and the financials kick in any FT driver who has gone through progression will be at whatever the top rate will be at that time.

I have to apologize as the information that I posted is incorrect. When the new contract is ratified and the financials kick in we will still be at $29.77/hr and will only then begin to receive any raises that may or may not be in the new contract. We will not recoup any of the split raises that were diverted to the pension fund.