Raise??

Goldilocks

You can change this deduction at anytime. ;) I go from 3-6% during peak, then back to 3% when I make my substandard wage. If I were topped like you goldi, then 10%+ would go in.

The only reason we can do this now is because we have no kids in the house. It's still tough because our hours have been slashed....

hypo hanna

I figure I cost Fred at least $1,000 per week in potential lost revenue by ignoring new shippers, slowing-down and not helping out, and standing by and watching managers do really stupid things. My goal is $1,500 per week.

You should consider going into dispatch. There you could cost him $1,000 or more a day!

S

serenity now

They started a new raise system last year that kicks in the Friday after the first full week in March. Details should be posted in your station. If your current pay is less than the midway point in your pay range you get 3%. If you are above the midway point in the 3rd quartile you get 5%. If you are above the 3/4 point of the pay range you are in the 4th quartile and get 6% but can't go over the top of range.

Problem for those of us in lower half of pay range is if they raise starting pay or top of the range or both the midway point goes up too. Someone starting out today could still take many years just to catch the midway point if it keeps going up. They'll pretty much have to raise starting pay once in awhile to attract new workers and if they don't raise top-out they'll have those guys screaming too. So once again a bunch of window dressing to make it look like they're doing something positive but very little has changed for mid-range employees. If they were sincere about topping us out we'd be back to system that gave us up to 7% raises instead of this 3%.

clever plan to keep the bottom-feeders (not an insult) chasing a ghost for years

Mr. 7

The monkey on the left.
If I want to get rid a of a problem customer, I just start giving them bad service like late dels. and show up for their rdy. window right at the rdy. time.
As far as getting more work on my route, why the h e double hockey sticks would I want more work?

If I want to get rid a of a problem customer, I just start giving them bad service like late dels. and show up for their rdy. window right at the rdy. time.
As far as getting more work on my route, why the h e double hockey sticks would I want more work?
Isnt that what Fedex does with all of its customers?!...lol (just kidding)

jalnar

Hi UPS driver and you are all fools working for crumbs. We just got our final raise in the current contract which puts me at 32.49 an hour. This is an amount ever full time package car driver receives. Plus all the other perks puts us at around 50 dollars a hour. Wake up and grow some balls and demand to be paid acoordingly. If you orginized their would be no guessing because it would be in writing period

vantexan

Hi UPS driver and you are all fools working for crumbs. We just got our final raise in the current contract which puts me at 32.49 an hour. This is an amount ever full time package car driver receives. Plus all the other perks puts us at around 50 dollars a hour. Wake up and grow some balls and demand to be paid acoordingly. If you orginized their would be no guessing because it would be in writing period

Someone advise the all knowing jalnar about the Railroad Labor Act and why FedEx won't go union. Good for you jalnar, good for you.

jmeti000

You know what would make unionizing easier? If we didnt have to sign paper cards and could log on to one website nationwide to provide the needed information. Im sure theres a way, just wondering why its never been done. I bet if that was done there would be a FX union in no time.

Route 66

Slapped Upside-da-Head Member
I contacted the IBT through their website last year and darned if I still haven't heard anything back....they want nothing at all to do with FedEx - nothing

MrFedEx

Engorged Member

As vantexan said, Fred S's RLA effectively keeps us non-union. I could grow my balls as big as the moon and it wouldn't make any difference because the RLA Kryptonite would shrink them back to the size of BB's. Until the RLA goes away, our only alternative is to disrupt operations, but then you just get fired unless enough people decide they've had enough.

Rhoderunner

You know what would make unionizing easier? If we didnt have to sign paper cards and could log on to one website nationwide to provide the needed information. Im sure theres a way, just wondering why its never been done. I bet if that was done there would be a FX union in no time.

Great point......makes you wonder why not in this day and age.

Cactus

Just telling it like it is

Tell 'ya what, YOU outline a specific plan for all of us to do so. Keep in mind YOUR plan will abolish the RLA, YOU will contact the IBT and have reps come visit couriers at each location and YOU will also secure legal protection for everybody so Smith and his buddies don't fire us since we'll be making some rather big waves.

Have this plan submitted by 0800 this Friday morning and we all will be more than happy to "grow some balls" just for you.

Now that's not so hard is it?