raise

Orion inc.

I like turtles
They're called student loans.
which is the biggest scam of all. These kids are coming out of college and having to pay back three to four times as much as they borrow over the life of their loans.

I think student loans should be capped at .05% interest. Just like the banks get when they borrow from the federal reserve

BSWALKS

Fugitive From Reality
I'm actually not bothered by theOT because I'm really trying to get way ahead on many things so that when its time, we are there with many options.

And I want the kids to have a better life than us
I feel the same way. Just remember to find a balance between being a good provider and being there for your family.

That's time you can't get back.

Orion inc.

I like turtles
I feel the same way. Just remember to find a balance between being a good provider and being there for your family.

That's time you can't get back.

I do but my family is very understanding. They know what ups is like.

I take option days and vacation for the important stuff. I'm blessed with both sets of parents near us plus my brother and his family.

We make it work. And our kids are just really neat, good natured kids. My oldest wants a car so bad he's been asking for extra work around the house and my brother 's shop on top of his pt job. All while maintaining a high GPA and he took some AP classes over the summer he qualified for.

He's definitely his mother ;)

By The Book

Ok, all employees who were hired before August 2013 will get the contractual raises. The amount of that raise is up to your locals needs. The employees hired after August 2013 will get their progression raises.

Rack em

Made the Podium
Ok, all employees who were hired before August 2013 will get the contractual raises. The amount of that raise is up to your locals needs. The employees hired after August 2013 will get their progression raises.
What about employees who went FT and started a new progression after August 2013?

dookie stain

Cornfed whiteboy
I was hired 2011 but went full time driving August 2015...just got my first raise to 19.50...am I getting a raise now or after my second year full time ?

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

Trying not to burden my kids with $100k worth of debt the moment they come out of school.

It's a noble gesture on your part.

When my kids first started college my ex and I agreed that we would split their first year between us and the remaining years in thirds.

My daughter followed the plan and graduated with around $25K in student loan debt. She went to a private school.

My son did not follow the plan and Mommy and Daddy cut off the checkbook when he was asked NOT to return for the sophomore year. He went on to get his 2 and 4 year degrees, his MBA and is talking about going for his DBA. He left grad school with about $73K in student loan debt.

I borrowed from my 401k to finance my portion of the expenses.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

Exactly we have a little house and I am ok with that. We live well within our means and I want my kids to do the same. Having so much debt is like living life like a hamster on a wheel

There is a member here who is working past his projected retirement date just to make sure that his kids graduate college debt free.

Is this something that you would also be willing to do?

There is something to be said for the kids having some skin in the game.