raise

dookie stain

Cornfed whiteboy
Yes. You will have to stick with the cheap hooch that they serve with a brown paper bag.
ImageUploadedByBrownCafe1470003203.585744.jpg
thank you for the information Dylan.

By The Book

So we are getting a raise or not. And us this for all Full time drivers ?
Depends on your hire date....before August 2013, you should get both the contractual raises and your progression raises. The reason is your seniority date is before August 2013.
What about employees who went FT and started a new progression after August 2013?
Again if you were hired before August 2013 you have attained seniority prior to that date. That date triggers the contractual wage increases. The part time employees who were hired prior to August 2013 and then go full time after that date will also get the progression increases.
Second year
I think an employee with a seniority date prior to August 2013 will get both.
I was hired 2011 but went full time driving August 2015...just got my first raise to 19.50...am I getting a raise now or after my second year full time ?
I think you will get both the contract raise and your progression raises, which it looks like you just got your first years raise.
You will remain in progression until you reach top rate.
Dont we all?
Yes---we are getting the first half of our $.80/hr raise. We will get the second half on 2/1/17.
This is not true in a lot of cases... Only employees with a seniority date prior to August 2013 will get the contractual wage increases. Those hired after that date will only get the progression raises.

Cementups

Box Monkey
What beach rental can you get for that kind of money? Jersey rent is 10K a week. Same for NC.

Then you're a bad shopper.

I go in two weeks and my portion of my beach house in the Outer Banks is $1337 for a week and we have a large pool and a 300 ft walk to the beach.

The first year we went down there we had a 4 bedroom, 2 bath house about 300 yards from the beach but no pool and we paid $1200 and the lady sent me back $100 for cleaning it so well before we left. lol.

Orion inc.

I like turtles
There is a member here who is working past his projected retirement date just to make sure that his kids graduate college debt free.

Is this something that you would also be willing to do?

There is something to be said for the kids having some skin in the game.
who would this member be?

I would rather my kids graduate with a degree they can use and no debt so they can actually start life out right. The "skin in the game " would be they keep their grades up and graduate with a degree they can use or they lose the support.

Not burdening them with25k or 73k right out the door. That's nor what parents should want for their kids starting out in life.

I would rather my kids graduate with a degree they can use and no debt so they can actually start life out right. The "skin in the game " would be they keep their grades up and graduate with a degree they can use or they lose the support.

Not burdening them with25k or 73k right out the door. That's nor what parents should want for their kids starting out in life.
He is picking on another Mod I guess that is OK too??

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

I will ask you the same question-----would you be willing to work past your projected retirement date just to make sure that your kids graduate college debt free?

No one wants to burden their kids with debt of any kind as they start their professional lives; however, parents who have worked most of their adult lives deserve the opportunity to enjoy their retirements as scheduled.

My ex and I chose to split their first year to give them a break. Could we have done that for all 4 years? Yes. Should we have done that for all 4 years? No.

Jo Mama

How long do part timers go through progression? I've been a loader since May 2014..So far I've gotten 2 .50 raises on my seniority date... My question is ... Should I have gotten a raise yesterday?

Last edited: