Raises for hourly employees defered till October.

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
All Ops mgrs got offer letters. SM's did not. Call ctrs will be closed. They also are getting offers. Those that don't take it will be either working from home or displaced. Dispatchers and dispatch mgmt will not get offers. IT will get offers.

The outsourcing of Call Center employees has already been a huge "success". One would think they (management) would learn, but all they care about is cutting costs. The new breed of Call Center employee can't distinguish between opcos, and doesn't even know how the Express system operates. It must be a real pleasure for a customer to have to talk with one of these morons.

jmeti000

I called but they closed at 5:00pm...So im gonna wait for a return call tomorrow or im gonna call back if I dont hear from them...

I called too but they told me the campaign organizer was out. They asked if I wanted to have him call me back and I said no, will just call again tomorrow.

Goldilocks

All Ops mgrs got offer letters. SM's did not. Call ctrs will be closed. They also are getting offers. Those that don't take it will be either working from home or displaced. Dispatchers and dispatch mgmt will not get offers. IT will get offers.

Yes, but I believe there is more.

NewHire

Sorry to all the hard working men and women who get screwed over on a daily basis. Do your job well and they ask more, then more, then more, then more, give you a nickle and think you should do more. No one ever seems to be there to help you, just cut you down over silly crap. Sorry boys and girls, but I had enough. Was not with the company very long, but long enough to know that life is to short to work under the conditions that I had. I gave the company the customary 5 hours notice. Due to work at 3 pm, so I showed up at 10 am with my letter of resignation. Now I work a 40 hour week and make a livable wage. I just could not go on killing myself for a company that did not care. I just wanted to say goodbye, and say to all of you that my heart bleeds for you every time a see a Fed Ex truck go by my new job. Hopefully one day you will get a union in place to protect the workers and you will see some improvements. Best of luck to all.

Ricochet1a

Do have any idea whats been happening and what will happen? I heard all managers got their buyout letters and that in May the company will announce its new restructure. Its like Fort Knox and they have kept this sealed tight.

Welcome Back!!

Did some calling, and it appears there is some truth to this - with some caveats...

First, it looks like all Senior Managers have or will be offered some form of buyout. In the restructuring, there will be a reduced number of Senior Manager positions in the new 'Organizational Chart' of DGO (no confirmation if this applies to AGFS). The terms of the buyout offered to the Sr. Managers wasn't communicated to me, but it doesn't appear to be nearly as generous as the terms of the buyouts being offered to the salaried support staff in Memphis.

The total number of Sr. Manager positions will be reduced - increasing their span of control.

If a Sr. Manager is in a position that is to be "closed out", they will be given an opportunity to relocate to fill a position vacated by a Sr. taking the buyout and leaving - or taking a buyout themselves.

I read here that Operations Managers will be offered a buyout - not entirely true....

What is going on with Operations Managers is that Express is wanting to increase their 'span of control' (number of wage employees who report to them). In the past, this has been in the 20 range, Express is wanting to push that up to 25-30. I commented last autumn on this (reference "stealth buyouts" I wrote about).

Express is reviewing the organizational charts, making decisions as to which locations will lose an ops. manager (or for the large mega stations, maybe 2), then notifying those occupying the soon to be cut positions. The individuals holding the soon to be eliminated positions will be offered an opportunity to relocate to a location which has a vacancy, or offered the customary buyout. Again, it doesn't appear that the terms of the buyouts for these individuals will be nearly as generous as those being offered to the Memphis support staff.

Two of the people I correspond with/talk with are directly impacted by the above situation.

Both of the people I talked to stated that they have been absolutely 'mum' regarding this to their wage employees (they don't want to stir the hornet's nest anymore by mentioning that they are looking at a potential buyout while their wage employees are getting nothing).

In addition....

It appears that Express is throwing out some trinkets this and next week to help 'soothe' the tension in stations. Look for gift cards to be randomly distributed, and free food to be put out to celebrate some obscure event - say, VIR Audit Compliance award or other such bull. Instead of upping your compensation by $1000 a year (what raises would cost them), they are looking to spend a $1000 per station or so and throw some trinkets out to keep things calm.

Report here if you see gift cards or free food appearing that is unexpected from normal activity.

They are also bracing themselves for SFA this year - they know the fireworks will be flying - look for more trinkets to be passed around in April.

vantexan

did some calling, and it appears there is some truth to this - with some caveats...

First, it looks like all senior managers have or will be offered some form of buyout. In the restructuring, there will be a reduced number of senior manager positions in the new 'organizational chart' of dgo (no confirmation if this applies to agfs). The terms of the buyout offered to the sr. Managers wasn't communicated to me, but it doesn't appear to be nearly as generous as the terms of the buyouts being offered to the salaried support staff in memphis.

The total number of sr. Manager positions will be reduced - increasing their span of control.

If a sr. Manager is in a position that is to be "closed out", they will be given an opportunity to relocate to fill a position vacated by a sr. Taking the buyout and leaving - or taking a buyout themselves.

I read here that operations managers will be offered a buyout - not entirely true....

What is going on with operations managers is that express is wanting to increase their 'span of control' (number of wage employees who report to them). In the past, this has been in the 20 range, express is wanting to push that up to 25-30. I commented last autumn on this (reference "stealth buyouts" i wrote about).

Express is reviewing the organizational charts, making decisions as to which locations will lose an ops. Manager (or for the large mega stations, maybe 2), then notifying those occupying the soon to be cut positions. The individuals holding the soon to be eliminated positions will be offered an opportunity to relocate to a location which has a vacancy, or offered the customary buyout. Again, it doesn't appear that the terms of the buyouts for these individuals will be nearly as generous as those being offered to the memphis support staff.

Two of the people i correspond with/talk with are directly impacted by the above situation.

Both of the people i talked to stated that they have been absolutely 'mum' regarding this to their wage employees (they don't want to stir the hornet's nest anymore by mentioning that they are looking at a potential buyout while their wage employees are getting nothing).

In addition....

It appears that express is throwing out some trinkets this and next week to help 'soothe' the tension in stations. Look for gift cards to be randomly distributed, and free food to be put out to celebrate some obscure event - say, vir audit compliance award or other such bull. Instead of upping your compensation by $1000 a year (what raises would cost them), they are looking to spend a $1000 per station or so and throw some trinkets out to keep things calm.

Report here if you see gift cards or free food appearing that is unexpected from normal activity.

They are also bracing themselves for sfa this year - they know the fireworks will be flying - look for more trinkets to be passed around in april.

troll alert!!!!!

SmithBarney

Free food has already been flowing, but it usually flows at our location.. We've been told of SR's getting offers depending on where they are, some areas they need to be gone and others they need to stay, same with Ops managers. But really who cares about them, it's time to start caring about yourselves, it doesn't take much to add an hour to your day. if you typically run 9sph, run 8 and get your hour... lazy old timers have been doing it forever at our station, they never help others, and frequently "drop" stops to keep themselves at a "max"

Did some calling, and it appears there is some truth to this - with some caveats...

First, it looks like all Senior Managers have or will be offered some form of buyout. In the restructuring, there will be a reduced number of Senior Manager positions in the new 'Organizational Chart' of DGO (no confirmation if this applies to AGFS). The terms of the buyout offered to the Sr. Managers wasn't communicated to me, but it doesn't appear to be nearly as generous as the terms of the buyouts being offered to the salaried support staff in Memphis.

The total number of Sr. Manager positions will be reduced - increasing their span of control.

If a Sr. Manager is in a position that is to be "closed out", they will be given an opportunity to relocate to fill a position vacated by a Sr. taking the buyout and leaving - or taking a buyout themselves.

I read here that Operations Managers will be offered a buyout - not entirely true....

What is going on with Operations Managers is that Express is wanting to increase their 'span of control' (number of wage employees who report to them). In the past, this has been in the 20 range, Express is wanting to push that up to 25-30. I commented last autumn on this (reference "stealth buyouts" I wrote about).

Express is reviewing the organizational charts, making decisions as to which locations will lose an ops. manager (or for the large mega stations, maybe 2), then notifying those occupying the soon to be cut positions. The individuals holding the soon to be eliminated positions will be offered an opportunity to relocate to a location which has a vacancy, or offered the customary buyout. Again, it doesn't appear that the terms of the buyouts for these individuals will be nearly as generous as those being offered to the Memphis support staff.

Two of the people I correspond with/talk with are directly impacted by the above situation.

Both of the people I talked to stated that they have been absolutely 'mum' regarding this to their wage employees (they don't want to stir the hornet's nest anymore by mentioning that they are looking at a potential buyout while their wage employees are getting nothing).

In addition....

It appears that Express is throwing out some trinkets this and next week to help 'soothe' the tension in stations. Look for gift cards to be randomly distributed, and free food to be put out to celebrate some obscure event - say, VIR Audit Compliance award or other such bull. Instead of upping your compensation by $1000 a year (what raises would cost them), they are looking to spend a $1000 per station or so and throw some trinkets out to keep things calm.

They are also bracing themselves for SFA this year - they know the fireworks will be flying - look for more trinkets to be passed around in April.

Your correct about the extra trinkets and they just told us about a BBQ coming up soon.....but I was expecting them to do this like their doing you a favor....friend@#$ Them and Their BBQ...

Goldilocks

In addition....

Hmm, we just had a Station audit. Lets see what happens. My question is, whats going to happen after all of this is settled? No more P2 and Express, I know this is coming, but where does this leave us the couriers of Express? PT hours? Are they going to get rid of guaranteed hours? Because if all of this happens people are going to be standing around with no work. Most people at my station have had it and are tired of the deception and games from above. We know what is happening but there is more to this story and no one is talking. I want to know about "The Master Plan"

Goldilocks

Free food has already been flowing, but it usually flows at our location.. We've been told of SR's getting offers depending on where they are, some areas they need to be gone and others they need to stay, same with Ops managers. But really who cares about them, it's time to start caring about yourselves, it doesn't take much to add an hour to your day. if you typically run 9sph, run 8 and get your hour... lazy old timers have been doing it forever at our station, they never help others, and frequently "drop" stops to keep themselves at a "max"

Us lazy old timers know how to play the game. lol

MAKAVELI

In addition....

Hmm, we just had a Station audit. Lets see what happens. My question is, whats going to happen after all of this is settled? No more P2 and Express, I know this is coming, but where does this leave us the couriers of Express? PT hours? Are they going to get rid of guaranteed hours? Because if all of this happens people are going to be standing around with no work. Most people at my station have had it and are tired of the deception and games from above. We know what is happening but there is more to this story and no one is talking. I want to know about "The Master Plan"

One thing is for sure. They will not pay anyone to just stand around doing nothing.

Guapo

Whatta doggone shame- even at DHL I topped out after 10 years, approaching 9 years here and I'm inching closer to starting pay rather than top pay, and I had such high hopes after my interview. And yes R1a we had lots of food Friday.

El Morado Diablo

Talked to an employee at one of the stations in our area that recently filled an Ops Mgr position with a Sr Mgr. They were told by their Sr Mgr that this individual had "decided to step down and simplify their life". None of them believe the explanation. They think this individual lost a game of Sr Mgr musical chairs in the restructuring due to the individual's age/experience/years with the company.

Cactus

Just telling it like it is
One thing is for sure. They will not pay anyone to just stand around doing nothing.

They've doing it down in Memphis headquarters for years. But it's OK for white collar and/or managerial positions to do this but when a courier or CSA does, we've committed murder.

MAKAVELI

They've doing it down in Memphis headquarters for years. But it's OK for white collar and/or managerial positions to do this but when a courier or CSA does, we've committed murder.

Exactly. Which is why it doesn't make sense to pay somebody not to work here via the buyouts. And then give us nothing to continue to work here. No matter how much they try to spin things the public is eventually going to find out what a cluster ****** this company is.

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
Your correct about the extra trinkets and they just told us about a BBQ coming up soon.....but I was expecting them to do this like their doing you a favor....friend@#$ Them and Their BBQ...

Don't accept their cheap food and trinkets. Tell them to shove it straight up their ass by refusing to participate or accept anything but better working conditions and more money.

This is Stage 1 of the anti-union plan. They're going to give you free food and crap tokens of "appreciation" forever rather than treat you right.

SCREW YOU,SMITH!!!