Raises in August??

edd_tv

Cardboard picker upper
I was talking to a fellow driver today about raises. We got on the topic of wether or not we get a raise on August 1. I looked thru everything i had regarding the new contract and the way i understand it we will not get a raise until January 1st since we wil be getting split raises. Am I right? Anyone care to elaborate?

H

hseofpayne

however the union can take that 1st raise from us and we wont see anything until January
Where did u get that from, who decides if they can take it and for what purpose. I posted a thread earlier about the Central States reducing there part of our pensions.

E

EAM Banshee

We get 35 cents in August, and then 35 in January. It is possible to lose the January raise, however, we(the membership) must vote on it. The company can claim a financial hardship and have the union hold a vote. After they get a majority vote and only then would we lose it.

Braveheart

Half in Aug and half in Feb. What I think the other person was saying was that the union may take all of their additional raise in Aug. I hope that is not true! If we half to wait for our second half so should they!

N

New Englander

We get 35 cents in August, and then 35 in January. It is possible to lose the January raise, however, we(the membership) must vote on it. The company can claim a financial hardship and have the union hold a vote. After they get a majority vote and only then would we lose it.

Not how I read the new contract.

Half the raise can not be taken away from us, it can be diverted to the pension plan. There is nothing that says we get to vote on that happening.

dilligaf

IN VINO VERITAS
Half in Aug and half in Jan. However in western states we won't lose any due to pension being 100%. actually we will get a little more the first yr only.

N

New Englander

Half in Aug and half in Jan. However in western states we won't lose any due to pension being 100%. actually we will get a little more the first yr only.

Yeah...I'd bank on that. The raise going to the pension, never gets time and a half added to it.

JustTired

free at last.......
Article 34, Section 4 - Reallocations of Contributions/wages

Thirty-five cents of any GWI (gerneral wage increase) may be reallocated as an increased contribution to a Teamster Pension or Health and Welfare Fund.

I read this to say that it could be taken from the August and January raises (any GWI). And if I can interpret that way, then I'm sure the Legal guys can do the same. Not saying it will happen.....but we could go the first year without any raise. And remaining years without much of a raise, if the "powers that be" find it neccesary.

There is a provision that allows the Teamster plans to move $0.25 from the contributions back to a GWI for those that are in well (or fully) funded plans. I think that this is what dilligaf is alluding to.

IDoLessWorkThanMost

Article 34, Section 4 - Reallocations of Contributions/wages

Thirty-five cents of any GWI (gerneral wage increase) may be reallocated as an increased contribution to a Teamster Pension or Health and Welfare Fund.

I read this to say that it could be taken from the August and January raises (any GWI). And if I can interpret that way, then I'm sure the Legal guys can do the same. Not saying it will happen.....but we could go the first year without any raise. And remaining years without much of a raise, if the "powers that be" find it neccesary.

There is a provision that allows the Teamster plans to move $0.25 from the contributions back to a GWI for those that are in well (or fully) funded plans. I think that this is what dilligaf is alluding to.

This is correct.

Either or both raises can be taken away.

Conversely, this language has been in previous contracts and I personally don't remember us ever not getting raises.

We'll see what happens.