RAISES!!!!!!!!

RockdaleEddie

Optimized
Where were these people when I applied 23 years ago? They didn't want our jobs when the economy was rockin in the early 2000s and they were making money hand over fist, they don't want my job when it's hot or pouring rain. They want my job when I am on one of my 7 weeks vacation or they don't have a job:happy2:
YES! So true! Im happy for having my job but that doesnt mean I havent earned what I have.

D

Dis-organized Labor

Dont tell me but aircraft mechanics and grade 20s are the only work group at UPS getting a 401k match?

Airhead:
Are you the Union equivalent of UPSSOCKS???? Your strategies seem very similar in a way.

I know that you're always looking for support for your "cause", but....I don't know....does a $43.00 an hour guy need to tell other represented people about how much more he's getting than they are?

I've never been in a Union, but I thought that everybody sticks together.
Are your comments consistent with that or am I mistaken?

So, tell me. On 1/10/10 will this thread die???

I hope not.

UPSSOCKS

Airhead:
Are you the Union equivalent of UPSSOCKS???? Your strategies seem very similar in a way.

I know that you're always looking for support for your "cause", but....I don't know....does a $43.00 an hour guy need to tell other represented people about how much more he's getting than they are?

I've never been in a Union, but I thought that everybody sticks together.
Are your comments consistent with that or am I mistaken?

So, tell me. On 1/10/10 will this thread die???

I hope not.

Don't compare me with the help :sick:

blue efficacy

Where were these people when I applied 23 years ago? They didn't want our jobs when the economy was rockin in the early 2000s and they were making money hand over fist, they don't want my job when it's hot or pouring rain. They want my job when I am on one of my 7 weeks vacation or they don't have a job:happy2:
Trust me, people would be lined up for blocks to get your job at half your pay. Don't flatter yourself.

Channahon

Management responsibility includes managing cost. So if a hub sort is done in 4 hours to minimize cost and has the staffing to do it with stagggered start times, then that is what hub mangement is held accountable to do. Every part time employee is guranteed 3.5 hours, so your seniority employees get the first start time, if they want it. Lots of scheduling involved, along with volume projections. And with Peak season here, a sort that runs from 3.8 to 4.0 hours is ideal.

As far as full time employees in the hub, they are guranteed an 8.0 hour day as well. Although Peak season has traditionally offered overtime for seniority employees, with volume down based on the economy, UPS will be successful holding all management accountable to manage hours, in relation to volume.

Times have been difficult over the last 3 years, and UPS is not the cash cow it had been over the years. When times were good, they were good for everyone, when times are bad, and the unemployment rate is over 10% nationally, it is what it is nowadays.

Sad to state, but it is reality today.

bscott85

im part time inside and ive gotten OT every single day of peak (running 6 hour shifts)

i couldve prolly worked a few doubles too if i wanted

while UPS as company is sucking and volume is down our hubs volume remains high (highest avg daily volume in peak since ive worked here, 6 years)

airbusfxr

Just because Dysfuntional Manager and UPSSUX dont get a 401k match why be pissed at people the company gives it to. The company wants to give me a 401k match and I provide a valuable service commitment for the compensation.

Last edited:

MobileBA

"Where were these people when I applied 23 years ago? They didn't want our jobs when the economy was rockin in the early 2000s and they were making money hand over fist, they don't want my job when it's hot or pouring rain. They want my job when I am on one of my 7 weeks vacation or they don't have a job"
AMEN!

airbusfxr

Your right, we are in the tail of the airbus in august in PHX or on the tail of the Mad dog in Dec in ANC making service for our customers. The company is laying us off to see how far they can stretch service over safety and when something doesnt make it out on time, we get blamed for over inspecting large commercial airliners. No matter what it will always be safety first and service second. We have not had a raise since 2005 and we are still making service, many work groups would have stopped contributing to the success of the company, but we are still working hard to make sure our customers are satisfied the world over.

hdkappler

:happy2:
Trust me, people would be lined up for blocks to get your job at half your pay. Don't flatter yourself.
:happy-very:you are right.people would work for half youre pay.some you wouldn't have to pay ot.till after 40hours a week.15.00 an hr.x40=$600.00.$22.50@20hrs=450.00.60hrs.$1050.00 total.also free benefits.just be lucky you have what you have.

hdkappler

:funny::happy2:i had no shoes and i complained.till i met a person who had no feet.:happy-very:people out of work.some people living in homeless schelters.on the streets because they lost there jobs.(some will work for food).that i would question.i saw a women in walmart parking lot with a baby in a stroller had a sign.saying help.raise your spirit.help at a soup kitchen some sat.or sun.it will make you feel good.like salvation army etc.there happy to have a place to sleep.and food.some don't even have a dollar in there pockets.so people have it harder than we do.:peaceful:

UnconTROLLed

perfection
:happy-very:you are right.people would work for half youre pay.some you wouldn't have to pay ot.till after 40hours a week.15.00 an hr.x40=$600.00.$22.50@20hrs=450.00.60hrs.$1050.00 total.also free benefits.just be lucky you have what you have.

ANd how much after taxes? Here in Massachusetts (where I work, not where I live), 1050 qualifies you for a $740 take-home. Not impressed.

Last edited:

Braveheart

I got a 30 cent or 35 cent raise about 5 or 6 months ago, all I remember was it was very small...
Raises are Aug and Feb.

Look for UPS to force union into renegotiating our raises.

I say sure. With a few give and take issues.

Instead of two .35 cent raises how about just one every year for .50 cents.

MILLIONS in SAVINGS for UPS.

We want in return a week of vacation at 5 years. Eliminate the one at 25 years in return.

More protections for and or from layoffs for full timers.

More protection from harassment and wrongful terminations.

I would gladly take less in future raises if we could improve the work environment!!!!!!!!!!!

Box_Junkie

I agree with this also. BUT I know how well UPS trains people....I would bet that most of those people would quit fast and say that $15.00 isn't worth it. Weather, angry customers, workload, no family time... They would quit and work at the burger joint for $9.00/hr.

As far as renegotiating wages, I'm all for a change in raises. BUT think that they need to stop this route cutting B.S.!! They want sales leads, but are losing customers they do have because they cut the route that del. to them at 9AM. Now they get all their stuff at 4PM....I've seen it so many times this year...T've had business owners cuss me out because I got their stuff to them late and they lost money... Outta my control running a combo BS route. They switched to Fed EX because of this. Also they are sick of having a different driver everyday, that was something that set us apart in the past. I had a locksmith business that ordered a large order that they needed for a commercial job at a factory. They were used to getting everything early, well when I show up a 2PM they told me to take the pkgs. back the factory had switched and the locksmith lost the contract. The service they had relied upon for years from UPS had just caused them thousands. They no longer use us because Fed Ex will be there early everyday. Fed Ex is winning our business with our own tactics that we have abandoned. UPS is shooting itself in the foot when it comes to this. If they would keep some routes in even if they are light they would keep business that they have....and inturn offset the money they are losing by running that route light when they maintain and gain bussiness from current customers in the long run. Too busy trying to look good on paper and impress stockholders...Its sad to me.

Last edited:

Bubblehead

My Senior Picture
OK super!!
And I am grateful for what I have.
But I am also tired of listening to people cower down in gratitude for a job that most of us have EARNED through hard work and perseverance.
I endured for 8 years part time, 2 more full time to get to top scale, and another 6 to earn a bid route.
This thread is about raises and I can't see settling for concessions when the company is still very profitable.
I earn and deserve every penny.
The fat that needs to be trimmed is at the top.
So don't subscribe to the mindset that the sky is falling, because it isn't.
The economy is down but not out.
As the economy rebounds so will the business.
Is the internet and online stores going away?
There is no need to renegotiate the contract.
Enforce it yes, renegotiate no.