Ramifications of UPS Freight picketing UPS Package Facilities?

Coldworld

60 months and counting
That's still a profit and pretty good scratch considering acquisitions. I don't think they're as profitable as they'd like to be.

Maybe if they had a few cute female drivers that might help. I've been at businesses where there have been a few cute over the road women truckers there and I'm pretty sure two weeks later the guys at those businesses were still talking about the "hot a@@" girl truckers...

sortaisle

Livin the cardboard dream
I didn't say that the pay raises they were asking for was valid. Just saying 3/4 of a billion dollars in profit isn't anything to sneeze at. Yes, they need to relax in this contract because I believe freight will profit hugely. UPS kinda knows what they're doing. But only kinda.

Coldworld

60 months and counting
And if Freight keeps this trend? Based upon profits, is the complaint of equal raises to the UPS contract valid? 700 million vs 4 billion.
If they want the same raises make them save those damn zz top beards and goatees that most of their motley Crew wears...no wonder they get no business..look like a bunch of hillbilly thugs..just my opinion, your area might be different

ronroper

And if Freight keeps this trend? Based upon profits, is the complaint of equal raises to the UPS contract valid? 700 million vs 4 billion.
The numbers are much greater for freight as far as profit taking in consideration that freight only has 12,000 employees.
How many employees does package have?

stink219

The numbers are much greater for freight as far as profit taking in consideration that freight only has 12,000 employees.
How many employees does package have?
What is worth more, a company that has 1 billion employees that profits 1 billion dollars or a company that has 1 employee that profits 50 million? Read carefully!

ronroper

I wonder if the package guys understand that the new LHD division will take feeder work away from them?
It has been explained that LHD linehaul will pull both UPS Freight and UPS Package loads, it will not be good for either division.

stink219

I wonder if the package guys understand that the new LHD division will take feeder work away from them?
It has been explained that LHD linehaul will pull both UPS Freight and UPS Package loads, it will not be good for either division.
So who's getting it? Both sides are complaining the same issue.

beentheredonethat

UPS Freight Profits 2011- 736M 2012- 728M __________ (-8M)

This is not the profit for UPS Freight. This is the profit reported (prior to adjusting for pension related issues "Mark to market") for all services that fall under
"Supply Chain and Freight". The LTL revenue was only 2.377 billion in 2012. The revenue for Forwarding and logistics is almost 6 Billion dollars. The total revenue for this bucket was a bit over 9.1 Billion. For that same 9.1 Billion in revenue UPS made 736 Million which is around 8% profit margin. Typically the Logistics business is much more profitable (percentage wise) then LTL.

This came from the UPS annual statement (pg 31).

freight maniac

Yes the LHD once it is in they will pull trailers for all divisions. That includes freight, parcel, truckload and cartage. UPS will never have to hire a Road Driver again at Freight if this new division is started, something to think about.