Ran out of fuel

Insaneasylum

We'll the title says almost all of it. My first day by myself I get a kenworth, I only drive Mac and sterling during my training week. So I was a littler nervous hadn't driven in 12 years before last week. I tried to be real through in my pre trip also. The steering wheel covered up the fuel gauge and I also mid took the def gauge for fuel. Luckily I was only 1/2 mile from the hub I was headed to.
Coasted the tractor and trailors in to a parking lot, so I wasn't on the street. Called my hub let them know and took my meal while I waited. So all said and done I only lost about 45min. I know it looked bad but I hope they don't hold it against me much. Seeing as I'm only seasonal right now.

Sent using BrownCafe App

barnyard

KTM rider
If you are a seasonal, you might be done. In package, it is an automatic warning letter for seniority drivers to run out of fuel.

Last edited:

Insaneasylum

It happened last night. I called today see if they had any work today and dispatch didn't say anything to me. And no call from the feeder manger today Telling me I'm done.
Man I could puke worrying about this. Seeing as I left a full time job to do this. I just have to hope and pray they keep me working.

Sent using BrownCafe App

MaceFremonti

Was the tank full when you took off the cap pretrip and peered inside? Some of our 2012/2013 tractors have had to have their fuel tanks replaced as they had pretty serious leaks in them.

Sent using BrownCafe App

TooTechie

Geek in Brown
Not to pile onto your bad day but why did you leave a steady gig for a temporay one?

Sent from my 28 year old brown truck

retiredTxfeeder

cap'n crunch
They're going to say you didn't perform a proper pretrip. Never depend on the gauges. they sometimes lie. Sometimes when you look into the tank, you can't see the fuel, because it reflects. Keep a piece of wire or a long stick to dip into the tank handy. Just because they didn't say anything the first day or the day after, I think they have 14 days to discipline you. Sometimes they will wait and leave you twisting in the wind before they drop the bomb.

Insaneasylum

Was the tank full when you took off the cap pretrip and peered inside? Some of our 2012/2013 tractors have had to have their fuel tanks replaced as they had pretty serious leaks in them.

Sent using BrownCafe App
I pulled the cap and there was a screen in it and with the reflection I thought it looked pretty full

Sent using BrownCafe App

OPTION3

Had an on road Break down once in package…..The Center manger brought me a vehicle to swap out…….it was EMPTY(of fuel)…I asked Him if HE did a proper pre-trip…….He was not happy!