Ran out of fuel

P

pickup

That could be.

I would not expect a permanent job offer, though.

You never know, play the hand you got. If you are called back, don't repeat that mistake and try not to make any more and see what happens. I've seen some guys get hired on for reasons I still can't figure out. Some of the things they did are much worse than what you did.

Insaneasylum

You never know, play the hand you got. If you are called back, don't repeat that mistake and try not to make any more and see what happens. I've seen some guys get hired on for reasons I still can't figure out. Some of the things they did are much worse than what you did.
Yeah that's what I going for

Sent using BrownCafe App

TooTechie

Geek in Brown
Just out of curiosity any way you could have thrown like 5 gallons of diesel in the tank on your dime (since you're hoping to go full time), used a meal period and headed somewhere to fuel up on UPS's dime?

ibleedbrown

Just out of curiosity any way you could have thrown like 5 gallons of diesel in the tank on your dime (since you're hoping to go full time), used a meal period and headed somewhere to fuel up on UPS's dime?

exactly what i was thinkin, were there any gas stations nearby?

Insaneasylum

I would have if I had noticed sooner. The fuel gauge was directly behind the steering wheel. I saw it as I was getting off the interstate. Had no idea how long it was on. And at that point I was less than 2 miles away from the hub.

Sent using BrownCafe App

NEVER trust a gauge regardless of the age of the equipment. There's a fuel cap. Look in the tank. Not sure, PUT SOME FUEL IN AND BE SURE.

As mentioned, don't worry about management. Worry about the pissed off mechanic that will be coming to get you. You're lucky it was able to be restarted. Usually you need a new fuel filter and have to prime the system. Be thankful you didn't do that on one of the new LNG rigs.

oldngray

nowhere special
That's what my boss said. There are at least two service stations within 2 miles of the mall with diesel pumps. He lost at least 1/2-1 hour and was the subject of the PCM the following morning.

How do you run out of fuel on a city run?

He probably didn't fuel every day as he should. I knew some low mileage routes that would only fuel about once a week. Very bad habit.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

He probably didn't fuel every day as he should. I knew some low mileage routes that would only fuel about once a week. Very bad habit.

I don't fuel every day as there is no need to do so. I fuel every 3 days.

He thought he could make it through the rest of the day running on fumes. He thought wrong.