Rand Paul "Right To Work" Link

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
If you don't think the GOP agenda is to kill unions, click on the Rand Paul link at the upper right (no pun intended) of the opening page of this site. "Right To Work" is code for union-killing, which some of you people don't seem to understand.

If you don't think the GOP agenda is to kill unions, click on the Rand Paul link at the upper right (no pun intended) of the opening page of this site. "Right To Work" is code for union-killing, which some of you people don't seem to understand.
I live in a right to work state, we have unions and no one is trying to kill them. Well, maybe UPS.

brett636

As a union member I was highly disappointed when a right to work bill was killed in my state legislature. I see it as an opportunity to hold my union leadership accountable when they don't do their jobs. If they want me to continue paying dues then they better represent myself and fellow union members fairly or I simply will quit paying.

Babagounj

Strength through joy
In Shot Heard Around Business World, Obama’s Labor Board Issues Complaint Against Boeing

On Wednesday, President Obama’s union-controlled National Labor Relations Board issued a complaint against the Boeing Company that, if ruled in the union and NLRB’s favor, may prove to have far-reaching consequences across the American business landscape. Ultimately, the outcome to this case will state whether or not America has, in fact, become entirely hostile to business (and the jobs they provide).
At issue, according to the NLRB, is whether Boeing violated federal labor law by deciding to transfer a second airplane production line from a union facility in the state of Washington to a non-union facility in South Carolina for “discriminatory reasons.”
Despite the fact that Boeing now employs around 1,000 employees in South Carolina and has spent millions to build a facility, the NLRB’s Acting General Counsel is seeking an order for Boeing to maintain production of the second production line in Washington.Despite the possibility of political retaliation on the part of the Obama NLRB, as well as the possible job losses in South Carolina an eventual NLRB decision may cause, the core principle at stake is whether or not an employer has the right to move business away from a unionized location that has repeatedly been the victim of extortive strikes, causing the employer hundreds of days of lost production, customer delays and billions in revenue.
“This claim is legally frivolous and represents a radical departure from both NLRB and Supreme Court precedent,” said Boeing Executive Vice President and General Counsel J. Michael Luttig. “Boeing has every right under both federal law and its collective bargaining agreement to build additional U.S. production capacity outside of the Puget Sound region.”
[snip]
Boeing also was critical of the timing of the complaint, which comes a full 17 months after the company announced plans to expand its manufacturing capacity in the United States in South Carolina. Construction of the factory is nearly complete and the company has hired more than 1,000 new workers. Final assembly of the first airplane is slated to begin in July.
Boeing has made it clear that none of the production jobs created in South Carolina has come at the expense of jobs in Puget Sound and that not a single union member has been adversely affected. In fact, IAM employment in Puget Sound has increased by approximately 2,000 workers since the decision to expand in South Carolina was made in October 2009.

hmmm, that sounds a little lie the union and the NRLB are trying to kill Boeing. Is that really a smart thing for them to do?

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
hmmm, that sounds a little lie the union and the NRLB are trying to kill Boeing. Is that really a smart thing for them to do?

What isn't mentioned is the 2008 AIM Machinist's Strike at Boeing, which basically shut them down for 3 weeks. Boeing had been threatening to move the second 787 production line if they(the machinist's union) struck, and when they did, Boeing retaliated, plain and simple. The NLRB just confirmed that. I guess Ali Baba "forgot" that part of the story.

Oh, and during the Bush adminstration, the NLRB was controlled by Republicans. Do you think any favorable opinions were granted toward unions? Nope. FedEx is the biggest anti-union scam of all, a free government gift to Frederick W. Smith, your direct competitor.

Babagounj

Strength through joy
I did not leave anything out, you were just to lazy to click on the link , " In Shot...", where all of the rest of the story was, including all of the labor strikes under the heading of "Background ".

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
I did not leave anything out, you were just to lazy to click on the link , " In Shot...", where all of the rest of the story was, including all of the labor strikes under the heading of "Background ".

I generally don't bother to click on the link because I already know that the "story" is going to be pro-Right and anti-union.

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
In an Obama world they can. Economic liberty is frowned upon by this administration.

I love people like you. You enjoy the benefits of a union, but rail against unions in principle. "Right To Work" really means a right to work for less..much less. It's a gift to the corporations. Do you even think about the implications of what you say?

Babagounj

Strength through joy
I love people like you. You enjoy the benefits of a union, but rail against unions in principle. "Right To Work" really means a right to work for less..much less. It's a gift to the corporations. Do you even think about the implications of what you say?
I rally only against corrupt unions.

Babagounj

Strength through joy
The NLRB finding isn't going to stop Boeing. They're almost done with the plant. The government isn't going to prevent anything.
http://biggovernment.com/laborunion...-full-of-irony-and-union-failure/#more-259940
more info on this story.
a quick summary for MrFedx ;
Unfortunately for the IAM, if it were not for its poor representation in South Carolina, where the union had existed before getting kicked out, it could have had Boeing members in both Washington as well as South Carolina and the NLRB fight would never have had to take place.

While on the other hand you rally behind a union that supports the right to do less work (in some cases none)for much more money. So much for EARNING a living, just give it to me.

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
While on the other hand you rally behind a union that supports the right to do less work (in some cases none)for much more money. So much for EARNING a living, just give it to me.

Please show me the cases where people are paid to do no work at all.