Rand Paul vs Battlefield USA

wkmac

As lawmakers this week look over a provision that would turn the United States in a warzone and allow the military to detain Americans indefinitely, Senator Rand Paul (R-Kentucky) is trying to tackle the text by offering an amendment of his own.
A provision to the National Defense Authorization Act going before the Senate today would turn America into a “battlefield,” says supporter Sen. Lindsey Graham (R-South Carolina.), and would allow the president of the United States the power to detain citizens domestically without trial, allowing the US military to act as law enforcement over their own civilians.

In response, Paul, son of libertarian icon and Republican presidential hopeful Ron Paul, is proposing an amendment that would strike that provision of the legislation, Section 1031, right off the bill.

Raul Paul vs. Neo-Con Nuts!

Not that crushing liberty hasn't been a bi-partisan effort.

wkmac

I made a thread on this topic last week. Oh well.
It won't be long before these types of legislation pass, and pass easily.

I agree with that completely regardless of who is elected or re-elected in 2012'. Paul may be an exception but Congress can still override his objections by passing veto proof legislation and the fear driven Congress is known for being truly bi-partisan in passing "sky is falling" legislation.
The emotional driven statist automatons in Congress have yet to show me any spine not that the greater statist automaton public who vote them in have shown any either.

Rand did a good job on this and I applaud his stance but then he voted along with the other morons in the Senate 100-0 to impose sanctions on Iran. Using Iraq as the template, this is nothing more than a pretext to war but of course the chicken littles will bounce off the walls telling us of the nuclear threat of Iran but in the course of, they never think it all the way out. Why think when we have others to do that for us?

"Freedom begins between the ears." ~ Edward Abbey

496789945v0_480x480_Front_Color-Black_padToSquare-true.jpg
496789945v0_480x480_Front_Color-Black_padToSquare-true.jpg

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

BTW Sleeve, sometimes changing the world comes in taking small single steps at a time! If Lennon is smiling, then so is Jesus.
:wink2:

What does John Lennon have to do with anything? like to IMAGINE there's no Yoko !

More, yet another example of your posting without thinking. Had you even bothered to click on the link you would have read what I thought was an inspirational story of a potential mugging turned in to a teaching moment. You saw "Lennon" and stopped reading, which was a shame as not only did you miss out on an inspiring article but you yet again exposed just how limited you are on so many topics.

More, yet another example of your posting without thinking. Had you even bothered to click on the link you would have read what I thought was an inspirational story of a potential mugging turned in to a teaching moment. You saw "Lennon" and stopped reading, which was a shame as not only did you miss out on an inspiring article but you yet again exposed just how limited you are on so many topics.
Dave, I've gotta ask ya. first what did the story of the mugging turning into a teaching moment have to do with Lennon? I didn't see the connection either except that Lennon was indeed a dreamer and a gentle sole and may have done the same as Mr. Diaz.
You have to admit, we are all limited on one subject or another.

moreluck

golden ticket member
Well, I usually see hour long videos or 9000 word articles and I don't have the time to spare for that........remember, I'm all about "quantity" and to hell with quality....remember? "Ask Me Why".

I asked a question and got a smart ass response from someone who didn't start the thread. I thought maybe I'd get the gist from someone. But you're just "Bad To Me".
"Do You Want To Know A Secret"?

"I've Got A Feeling" and I think it's "Misery".

wkmac

[video=youtube;_MUOE_3K7mI]http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=_MUOE_3K7mI[/video]