Random Cash Tips

TooTechie

Geek in Brown
Surprisingly I'm at $79 year to date. Funny thing is my residential is the most economically depressed area in the state. One of the better tippers is in the heart of the ghetto. I don't know if he's a drug dealer or just well off or just generous, but everything I deliver to him is from companies--nothing possibly drugs or anything so no clue why he's so generous. Another guy doesn't appear to have much money, but tips every time I bring him something.

Anyone else get random non-Christmas cash tips during the year? This is the first year I've gotten random tips during the year, granted it's the first year I've had my own route...

Cementups

Box Monkey
I don't usually get non-XMAS cash tips but sometimes people will randomly see me at lunch and pay for my lunch. That's always nice. Especially when it happens on a day I may be a little tight on funds.

toonertoo

Most Awesome Dog
Staff member
Pretty rare, and I usually say no take your wife/husband/whatever out for an ice cream, or something. I will accept a pop, or a water....I did have a lady try to give me, I dont remember if it was a 50 or a 100 dollar bill, I just remember it was way too much. For carrying her food inside she ordered for the end of the world. It was like 3 50 pd boxes, and she just had hip surgery and she said she was 90. She told me she was loaded, please take it. I just could not.

superballs63

Well-Known Troll
Troll
A few times come to mind. a recent one was a woman in a 2nd floor apartment who had just had knee surgery. When I delivered on Wednesday, she warned me that it was coming, and the next morning, it was right in the middle of my truck. I went in and had her sign first (to make sure she wasn't out somewhere), then loaded it on the handcart and dragged it up. She gave me a $20 tip. I refused, but she insisted so I took it.

another time was an elderly gentleman and they were 2 or 3 large boxes, and I walked them inside for him and I thin he gave me $10, again I said no, but he insisted.

I will always refuse once, but after that you must really want me to have it, so I say thank you very much and go on my way

oldngray

nowhere special
Ive never been to one.
Starbuck.jpg