Random Cash Tips

9.5er

As a cover driver I rarely get tips. Covered a route for a week a while back. Little old lady in a retirement community got a couple deliveries that week. Each time she met me at the door with a dollar balled up in her hand. She insisted I take it even after I told her UPS paid me well for what I do.
Gotta respect my elders, Right.

brownmonster

Man of Great Wisdom
As a cover driver I rarely get tips. Covered a route for a week a while back. Little old lady in a retirement community got a couple deliveries that week. Each time she met me at the door with a dollar balled up in her hand. She insisted I take it even after I told her UPS paid me well for what I do.
Gotta respect my elders, Right.
Take the buck, buy a scratch off ticket and win 10k.

BrownTexas

Got a 5er from an elder lady that could use it more than me. I told her thanks but you don't have to. If they say ok. Then I say ok. Lol. Got $10 once from a couple waiting on their wine club box.

Cementups

Box Monkey
I have a lady that gives me a $15 Starbucks card every year and as I get home I hand it to my wife and tell her Merry Christmas from the people at 1313 Mockingbird Lane, as I don't drink coffee.

I have a lady that gives me a $15 Starbucks card every year and as I get home I hand it to my wife and tell her Merry Christmas from the people at 1313 Mockingbird Lane, as I don't drink coffee.
tumblr_m5vsgatlwv1qa70eyo1_500.jpeg
Was this,her?

Shifting Contents

Most Help Needed
Have an 80 some odd year old lady on the top floor of a condo building on my route that tips a dollar every time I deliver. It's not the dollar tip that bothers me, it the fact that she always answers the door in a tshirt and a depends.

They recently got a new building manager and he prefers to sign for everything down in the office and have the maint man run them up so I haven't got my "tip" in a while.

idrivethetruck

Slow & steady wins the race.
Damn straight!! IMO there's a huge difference in flavor between expensive beer and cheep beer, but not much at all between cheep coffee and expensive coffee.
Did I say cheep? LOL
Too many good beers already I guess.
If I'm not mistaken, it's spelled "cheap". BuUUrrppp.

Have an 80 some odd year old lady on the top floor of a condo building on my route that tips a dollar every time I deliver. It's not the dollar tip that bothers me, it the fact that she always answers the door in a tshirt and a depends.

They recently got a new building manager and he prefers to sign for everything down in the office and have the maint man run them up so I haven't got my "tip" in a while.
I remember a lady in an old folks home that would tip me whatever change she had in her purse. It was usually around 50 cents or so. Sweet lady. She had photos of herself on the wall of when she was young and she was quite a babe when she was younger. I would tell her how I would have been chasing her around town if I had known her "back in the day" and the smile on her face would be priceless. I ran into her about a year later at another nursing center and she looked about 20 years older. She went downhill fast. I flirted with her again and the smile on her face made me think she remembered me. Several months later, I found out she passed away. I hope I helped make some of her final days more pleasant.

Last edited:

Shifting Contents

Most Help Needed
I always han
I remember a lady in an old folks home that would tip me whatever change she had in her purse. It was usually around 50 cents or so. Sweet lady. She had photos of herself on the wall of when she was young and she was quite a babe when she was younger. I would tell her how I would have been chasing her around town if I had known her "back in the day" and the smile on her face would be priceless. I ran into her about a year later at another nursing center and she looked about 20 years older. She went downhill fast. I flirted with her again and the smile on her face made me think she remembered me. Several months later, I found out she passed away. I hope I helped make some of her final days more pleasant.

I always hang around a little longer when the "old folks" have a story to tell.

I once got caught on a porch of a real old timer for a half hour. Just plugged in a half hour of lunch and took a seat. Learned a lot about how the neighborhood a deliver to used to be different.

Wave and a smile every time I go by now.

Haven't delivered there again though, it was their kids sending them fruit or something and they don't order much and they must of written the kids out of the will.

VonDutch

Bite your tongue, Missy

I had a veterans home on my package route and I'd flirt with them when I'd see them. I figured they earned it.

joeboodog

good people drink good beer
Did I say cheep? LOL
Too many good beers already I guess.
If I'm not mistaken, it's spelled "cheap". BuUUrrppp.

The smile is the best tip out there.