Random Facts

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

Wyoming fact: There are only 2 escalators in the entire state.

Lee's reporting was later amended: it turns out that there were, in fact, two escalators in Casper -- and therefore in the state of Wyoming -- in 2008. (Actually, technically, there were four: two sets of escalators, each with an ascending and descending set of stairs.) Both were located in banks.Jul 17, 2013

moreluck

golden ticket member
Lee's reporting was later amended: it turns out that there were, in fact, two escalators in Casper -- and therefore in the state of Wyoming -- in 2008. (Actually, technically, there were four: two sets of escalators, each with an ascending and descending set of stairs.) Both were located in banks.Jul 17, 2013
Who really gives a :censored2:!!

moreluck

golden ticket member
I have no idea who LEE is.....my info was written by Juliana Labianca and was published in Reader's Digest Aug. 2016.....Take it up with her.

moreluck

golden ticket member
Idaho fact: Boise celebrates the New Year by dropping a 16 foot-tall-steel-and-foam potato in the state capitol. Every year thousands of "spec-taters" gather to watch.

moreluck

golden ticket member
I saw a guy walk out of the market and not pay today. I said something to one of the clerks and she said they aren't allowed to confront anyone. We asked at Ralphs and their policy is the same.

We entered the furthest door as he was exiting. He had a small hand basket inside a cart and no items were bagged. This door is the furthest away from the checkout stands. He loaded his truck, basket & all, and drove off.

I will get his license plate next time. I and other shoppers are paying for his groceries. I could sure cut my grocery bill if I shopped like he did.

Karma will get him, I'm sure!!!

moreluck

golden ticket member
a9b61ae9e8f4b7f396fe5960e9492779.jpg

moreluck

golden ticket member
Kramer vs. Kramer was a Dustin Hoffman/Meryl Streep film about a bitter divorce.

During a break in the filming of the courtroom scene, Dustin approached an actual court reporter who had been hired to sit behind the steno machine. "Is this what you do?" he asked. "Divorces?"

"Oh I did them for years," the woman said. "But I burned out. I couldn't do it anymore. It was just too painful." She added cheerfully, "I really love what I'm doing now."

"What?" Hoffman asked.

"Homicides."