Random Myth's and other Lie's

bluehdmc

true on the feeder side , not the package side.

Except for older tractors w/ABS/Traction control lights on that are ignored when written up.

Or the tractor that brakes pulled, would write up, recieved back w/"brakes adjusted", still pulled. Ex-mechanic here, don't mechanics road test?

Or the best one, wrote up for "water in air tanks", recieved back, "drain air tanks", wrote up second day, "water in air tanks", recieve back, "it's your job to drain air tanks".
Wrote up third day, "I know it's my job to drain air tanks, water in air tanks is indicative of bad air dryer, (removes moisture from air system), which is YOUR JOB TO REPLACE!!!!!!!!!!!
Recieved back, "air dryer on back order, continue to drain air tanks."
Why couldn't this be said 1st time, instead of game playing?

HEFFERNAN

Huge Member
Don't touch
Secure vehicle
Leave area
Call supervisor

Treat unknown leaking packages as a haz mat

Supervisor: "Are you sure its a hazmat? Did you open the box and check it?

:whiteflag::whiteflag::whiteflag::whiteflag:

JustTired

free at last.......
"There are 100 guys out there ready to take your place."

Out of the 100........40-50% have a bad driving record (points, DUIs,etc.). 20-30% of the remaining don't have a high school diploma (not that there's anything wrong with that). Of those remaining you might get 1 or 2 that will qualify and/or stay past their 30 days.

bubsdad

"Hang in there!"

Out of the 100........40-50% have a bad driving record (points, DUIs,etc.). 20-30% of the remaining don't have a high school diploma (not that there's anything wrong with that). Of those remaining you might get 1 or 2 that will qualify and/or stay past their 30 days.
Might have been true a couple years ago. Not so anymore. This is the first time period since I've been driving that there are more drivers looking for jobs than there are jobs looking for drivers. Please don't be comfortable thinking that there aren't enough qualified people who would be willing, and extremely thankful, to do your job. That would be a myth.

wrecker

Don't touch
Secure vehicle
Leave area
Call supervisor

Treat unknown leaking packages as a haz mat

Supervisor: "Are you sure its a hazmat? Did you open the box and check it?

:whiteflag::whiteflag::whiteflag::whiteflag:

They tried that w/ me a few years ago. I told them I would be sitting under a tree, away from the package car. And no, I would not count it as a break.

The responder arrived 20 minutes later. :happy-very:

raceanoncr

"UPS is going to buy TransCon"

"UPS is going to buy P.I.E."

"UPS is going to buy Yellow Frieght"

"UPS is going to buy Roadway"

"UPS is going to buy FedEx"

"UPS is going to buy Overnite"
Huh? What?

UnconTROLLed

perfection
funny the comment about hazmat. if it's leaking, hazmat or not, you are supposed to don't touch leave area notify supervisor etc...yet if you are unloading, they want you to work around it even if it's leaked everywhere inside of a trialer

Livin the Dream?

Disillusioned UPSer

Beg to differ on that one - Our local sort is comprised ENTIRELY of cover drivers chomping at the bit to drive, any day, any price, any route.

Somewhere else on this site, people were feeling sorry for FedEx drivers making $600/week. I, as a cover driver doing local sort (& Saturday Air) would take that in a heartbeat, over this damn carrot & stick nonsense.

Re-Raise

If you can't find anyone to help you with over 70s call the center and they will send you help.

Also be sure to call the center for permission before you back into a driveway.

M

Mike23

Not a myth yet, but it will be here:
'We'll reloop in the new building'

'Our DRIVERS help make our routes'