Random Rant...

Walk the line

So whats the problem if i want to work my ***** off all day, bonus, punch out under 8hrs and still get paid for 8 hours. Other drivers have complained about this to MNGMNT. Its my bid route, so you think they would back off.

S

speeddemon

I wish I could bonus at my center. They have robbed us of our allowances so bad, the best I can do is +.40 running my butt off all day.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

"You're not taking your lunch and breaks."

"You're not taking care of the customers."

"You're making your cover drivers look bad."

"You're giving money back to the company."

"Slow the **** down!"

"It's not a sprint, it's a marathon."

"You're a Me-ster."

rocket man

I wish I could bonus at my center. They have robbed us of our allowances so bad, the best I can do is +.40 running my butt off all day.
IT DOSE NOT SOUND LIKE A BONUS TO ME IT SOUNDS LIKE A integrity VIOLATION. supervisors giving paid time for hours not worked. and a driver not following the contract and lying saying the took lunch . but what do i no? Then when the line walker gets nailed no seat bealt sups are gonna lie again we didnt no no seat belt wasnt used bulk head wasnt closed the telematicts were wrong. what page in any contract in the country covers bonus ,

Johney

So whats the problem if i want to work my ***** off all day, bonus, punch out under 8hrs and still get paid for 8 hours. Other drivers have complained about this to MNGMNT. Its my bid route, so you think they would back off.
Here that will get you sent to someone who needs help.

Re-Raise

I couldn't care any less what you do, if that makes you feel better.

soberups

Pees in the brown Koolaid
I try to not think only of myself.

When I go on vacation, I would like for whoever runs my route to be able to provide decent service for the customers in a safe manner while getting a full lunch and break.

In the long run its better for me, better for him, better for the customers and better for the company.

Be honest and do the right thing everyday, and whatever happens after that will not be on your conscience.

Cementups

Box Monkey
We have a couple of guys who run their asses off and get done before 8 hours and yet they never have to help anyone. They run scratch or under then they are allowed to keep doing it cause it balances out the slackers running over on a daily basis.

We also have a couple guys who like to come in and set their load up off the clock so they can plow thru their route. I keep asking telling the one guy he shouldn't be doing it and he always has an excuse of his kids having events and sports. I'm like, "No crap dude, we all have families we want to get home to. Yours isn't anymore special." But they let him keep doing it cause he looks good on paper.

W

want to retire

We have a couple of guys who run their asses off and get done before 8 hours and yet they never have to help anyone. They run scratch or under then they are allowed to keep doing it cause it balances out the slackers running over on a daily basis.

We also have a couple guys who like to come in and set their load up off the clock so they can plow thru their route. I keep asking telling the one guy he shouldn't be doing it and he always has an excuse of his kids having events and sports. I'm like, "No crap dude, we all have families we want to get home to. Yours isn't anymore special." But they let him keep doing it cause he looks good on paper.

This is why it's NOT ok. If and when someone gets hurt off the clock....they will be s.o.l. I realize this has not occured to the person wotc. And, mgt will be screwed as they allowed it. And yes, it is our business.....we are all affected by folks not following procedures.

brownmonster

Man of Great Wisdom
This is why it's NOT ok. If and when someone gets hurt off the clock....they will be s.o.l. I realize this has not occured to the person wotc. And, mgt will be screwed as they allowed it. And yes, it is our business.....we are all affected by folks not following procedures.

For the millionth time. You wil still be covered if you are working for UPS whether before work or during lunch.