random service level question

tre305

ok ive been with the company long enough to probably know the answer to this question but i gotta ask.

i just placed a large amazon order this morning when i got home. so large that they've separated it into two shipments. the estimated delivery date is this Friday. i actually read up on the shipping policy on amazon and read that if you order by a certain time, your order ships on the same day. im also using amazon prime which is why i have the Friday delivery date.

my question is, i just received my tracking information for the first shipment and it has a "03" service level which i know is for regular ground packages. if amazon prime is free 2nd day air service, wouldn't my order have an service level of "02"?. im just a little confused over this. in my five years of service id never seen an 2nd day air package with a ground service level in the tracking number.

maybe someone else out there can help me out with this and shed some insight?

tre305

Did it ever occur to you that it may get to you in two days by ground?

i wouldn't doubt that, but i was so accustomed to anything that came to me by ground would take at minimum 3-4 days weather its coming from up the east coast or out on the west coast.

tre305

Prime gives Two-Day shipping. This could mean ground or air depending on where you live.

thats true, i mean it was just weird to me b/c im at the point where if i see a service level i know exactly how long its going to take to arrive. i know they have distribution centers all over the country and im in SoFla so i dont know if they have one close to me.

upschuck

thats true, i mean it was just weird to me b/c im at the point where if i see a service level i know exactly how long its going to take to arrive. i know they have distribution centers all over the country and im in SoFla so i dont know if they have one close to me.
There are a few Amazon DCs that would reach you in S Fla in two days going ground. Where(city) is it coming from?

tre305

There are a few Amazon DCs that would reach you in S Fla in two days going ground. Where(city) is it coming from?

The first two shipments haven't updated yet with an arrival scan so I cant see where its coming from but ill check in the morning when I go in since ill be able to pull more information on them.

Sent using BrownCafe App

UPSGUY72

The first two shipments haven't updated yet with an arrival scan so I cant see where its coming from but ill check in the morning when I go in since ill be able to pull more information on them.

Sent using BrownCafe App

You do know that not everything you order on amazon is prime eligible.

Cementups

Box Monkey
Your LARGE shipment probably wasn't separated because of how LARGE it was. It was separated because the stuff is at separate warehouses. The "03" is coming to you from somewhere that is already within a 2 day range, so why would they spend the extra money on air service? And the "02" is not located close enough so they have to upgrade it air service.

You do know that not everything you order on amazon is prime eligible.
It is if it's marked Prime. 98% of my orders are prime.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

To you Prime members----will you continue to be a Prime member when they raise the rate to $99 or $119 per year? I think they will raise it to $99 as they may lose too many members if they go to triple digits. I am not a member but if I were I would stay at $99 but would walk at $119.

tre305

Well it looks like pick ups in the north resumed today and everything I'm tracking that didn't move since Wednesday now has at least an origin or arrival/departure scan. Thanks for all the help guys.

Sent using BrownCafe App