Random testing, FedEx Express

Sparky

As per policy, a positive is subject up to and including termination. Local management has SOME discretion, but it has been my experience that a positive does lead to termination. Simple advice... don't do it. If you have been clean for an extended period of time you should be good.
Everything in the people manual is worded "up to and including termination." I will say that almost everyone that was terminated from my old station has found better paying and lower stress jobs.

Then again it's been about a decade since I've had some shrooms, might be time when I take vacation.

MassWineGuy

My understanding is that an Express driver who fails a drug test can be fired immediately. And should be. Not so for non-driver jobs, but obviously a handler can't kill someone with an envelope or package.

Bounty

How about you don't worry about what anyone else does when they're not on the clock?

Is our free time our own or is that time also owned by FedEx?
If the loser ran someone over in your town and had weed in his system wouldn't you want the book thrown at him. It is a professional driving job, let him sweep the floor or flip burgers. Which I still wouldn't hire him for that. Why would anybody hire him when there is plenty of people not doing ILLEGAL drugs that are qualified.

59 Dano

I just want to make friends!
How about you don't worry about what anyone else does when they're not on the clock?

Is our free time our own or is that time also owned by FedEx?

Most employers don't want druggies. You can do all the drugs you want and the employers can decide they don't want you.

dex 84

If the loser ran someone over in your town and had weed in his system wouldn't you want the book thrown at him. It is a professional driving job, let him sweep the floor or flip burgers. Which I still wouldn't hire him for that. Why would anybody hire him when there is plenty of people not doing ILLEGAL drugs that are qualified.

Are there plenty of people not doing drugs that are qualified and competent?

If he ran over someone he should face the consequences for his actions. If it was under the influence then it is even worse. Having weed in your system does not equate to being under the influence.

Bounty

Are there plenty of people not doing drugs that are qualified and competent?

If he ran over someone he should face the consequences for his actions. If it was under the influence then it is even worse. Having weed in your system does not equate to being under the influence.
If you owned a company would you want be responsible for this fool and insure him? I would rather hire a guy who wasn't smoking weed.

dex 84

If you owned a company would you want be responsible for this fool and insure him? I would rather hire a guy who wasn't smoking weed.

I'd take a weed smoker over an alcoholic any day. If they're not doing it on my time though then it's not my business.

I guess the disconnect here is that you view smoking weed at any time for any reason as an inherently irresponsible activity. I do not.

overflowed

I'd take a weed smoker over an alcoholic any day. If they're not doing it on my time though then it's not my business.

I guess the disconnect here is that you view smoking weed at any time for any reason as an inherently irresponsible activity. I do not.
I would too. Had a friend that left fedex that used to wear super baggy shorts. When we got close he told me he hid his son's pee taped to his leg. To keep it warm. Hence the super baggy pants. Great swing driver by the way. Never smoked at work.

Bounty

I would too. Had a friend that left fedex that used to wear super baggy shorts. When we got close he told me he hid his son's pee taped to his leg. To keep it warm. Hence the super baggy pants. Great swing driver by the way. Never smoked at work.
Sounds like a typical pot smoker. Sounds like a guy I want working for my company. He's a loser too. You just make my case for me.

bacha29

Imagine the look on the guy's face if they tested his kid's urine and it came back dirty. Like they say,don't do he crime if you can't do the time.